Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I saw Bob Lee

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Nice guy and cool band. I had fun watching them playing some classic rock sets in Huntington Beach tonight. :)

2. It would be fun to meet / hear a fellow TB'er.

Seems I live at the opposite corner of the world as everyone else on this forum.

Bob and Gabu - good for you!! :)

b

(ps - he didn't happen to have a QSC in his bass rig or in his PA, did he? ;) )

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    You know, he did have some QSC gear! :eek: Imagine the coincidence. ;)

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Yeah, it was my first gig with a band I joined just last week. With me being new and our regular lead vocalist out with laryngitis, we had to cobble together our sets. By the end of the evening, we were asking each other stuff like, "Hey, do you know Wish You Were Here?" "Yeah!" "Okay, let's do it ..." :) It's fun working without a net.

It was cool meeting Gabu. This is funny: I saw Gabu at the BassBash in Anaheim, and because I'd seen his face here on TalkBass he looked really familiar to me, but it just didn't click! And so I wondered to myself, why the hell does that guy look so familiar? But then, I often see people who look familiar, so I didn't ponder it any further.

Then a few days ago I saw a message with his avatar, and I realized it was him. So I invited him to drop by the club last night. He's local. ;)

Yup, I have a PLX 1602 in my rig--one of the beta units from about five years ago. The Carvin PA head belongs to one of the guitar players, but I've got some plans for boosting our headroom. ;)

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL... All too familiar scenario......

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i experienced a BOB LEE sighting too!

f