Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I saw P.O.D last night, at Birmingham Academy........they were so good

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lowb, May 2, 2002.

1. lowb

lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    WWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I saw P.O.D last night, at Birmingham Academy........they were so good :D

My limit on hard rock is about RATM, and Incubus.......but these guys KICK A$$..........

It's the second time i've seen them, and they played a completely different set. They had the old favourites:Southtown, Hollywood........and they played all the current singles, However they played some real old tracks:School of hard knocks......and they played some unusual tracks: without Jah nothing, Ridiculous.

I didn't get on with their support :ill Nino, they weren't very good........not tight, lacking in musicianship, lacking in creativity......but they did have good stage presence (especially their lead guitarist, who wore a backpack, and did karaty kicks all the time.

The only things left to say are: a) I'm knackered
    b) I'm going to see them tonight in London :D

Peace

2. Anyhow, P.O.D. are definately an awesome band. Traa Daniels is a sweet bassist, too. I saw them Nov. 17th in Atlanta. It was my brother's 13th birthday and boy, was he excited! Blindside and Fenix TX opened for them.
    Blindside rocked the house, but Fenix TX pissed me off. They're not horrible at pop-punk, but they were cursing and talking about sex and stuff. I don't normally have a problem with that--except they were doing it in front of little kids.
    Still, P.O.D. redeemed the show by being amazing musicians and performers. I wish they had played more old stuff, though, like from Brown and Snuff the Punk. Either way, it was awesome.
    Jah people ride on....

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ..this is about a band...hmm....it's music oriented, but not specific about a player or instrument....hmm....looks like a job for the Misc-Mods!

Off with you!!!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Oh yeah, in case any of y'all are interested, Traa will be doing an Eden-sponsored clinic at Bass Central sometime this summer (TBA as yet). When it gets scheduled, I'll be posting to let y'all know...

5. lowb

lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    Oh Yes i saw them again, London Astoria.........They were better!!

They played the same set, but they were "tighter", it sounded better, as they had better PA in London. Lighting was also better, and i think the venue on the whole was lots better. Traa had some problems and couldn't play alsmost the whole of one song......he switched basses a couple times, and was unplugging stuff. When he finally got it sorted (resorting back to his dolphin) he came in for the last chorus of the song and it ROCKED. They were very proffesional about it. I'm sure Traa turned up louder after the problems, and he just started to play manic. His fingers were SO FAST. I new he was good, But he should play like that more, he was AWSOME!!! He kept doing this "trill" thing on "Bullet the blue sky" very cool.

Peace

6. arky86

arky86

Jan 29, 2002
    i hear ya i saw them them at cornerstone music festival with project 86 and spuad 5-0 and MXPX. it was so awsome i don't think i've seen to many better shows.:cool:

7. I saw P.O.D. at Cornerstone in July. They were awesome. They are pretty sweet too. They're probably one of the best bands out there right now and for them being a christian band they have really broke the barriers where christian bands don't get as much exposure as regular bands. But the show was so cool. They had pyros and everything. Me and my friend tried to sneak backstage to see them but we got caught. Other good bands at Cornerstone were MXPX, O.C. Supertones, Project 86*, Five-Iron Frenzy, and The Blamed. Another one to look out for is Side Walk Slam. They're pretty good.