Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I saw Rite of Strings Last Night!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkize you, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    OMG IT WAS AWESOME!!!! Stanley Clarke, Al DiMeola, and Jon-Luc Ponty!!!!

Stanley was on DB all night, till the end where he busted out School Days on an Acousic bass... It was at Royce Hall at UCLA. Increadible show.

Sorry, No pics I didnt bring a Camera :*(

But I met all of them! I gotta Shake There hands and Talk about Mahavishnu Orchestra and Return to Forever. And Al DiMeola told me he was 19 when he, Stanley, Chick Corea, and Lenny White Recorded "The Romantic Warrior"!!!

My Friend had Stanley Sign his had, and One guy took his bass in, it was an Alembic, Just to see what he would say, I asked him to play something when we were really close to Stanley Clarke and he got all red :)

Good Times had by all that night.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Sounds like fun. :bassist:

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Wow. I guess I should have called it "I saw Stanley Clarke Last Night!!!"

4. Awww, crap!
    I wanted to go to that!

But...what kind of Trojan would I be if I stepped foot on Bruin soil? :crying:

But seriously, I couldn't make it, and it really urinates me off. Then again, I guess I can sort of take solace in the fact that I saw his first live performance in I-don't-know-how-many years last year at the Key Club. :D

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    so this is really off topic but did rite of strings or rite of spring come first. im really hoping rite of spring.

6. I about had a heart attack when I saw this thread, thinking it was the Rites of Spring. Guess not :bawl: