Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I saw Rush

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Drake, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Well I saw the Rush concert in Vancouver BC last night...

I had some free tickets and went with 3 of the other guys from my band.. We were all very impressed with the musicality of the concert. It was fun and they showed off enough to make us want more.. In terms of songs the set was a bit flat and boring.. but when they added spice it was great.. Like the choreographed camera shots of geddy's bass fills, and the 5 minute drum solo that rocked our worlds. The big screen in the background showed plenty of the guitar players hands, but not nearly enough of geddy's hands... also we needed more bass in the mix.. and this was confirmed by my *gasp* guitar player.

Oh well. Great show... lots of fun effects and the sound was huge.

later,

Mike

ps-I saw SMASH there too.

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I saw them back on July 14th and I've been jonesin' to see them again ever since. Thankfully, I should be seeing them again on October 27th, just waiting for the tickets to arrive. The seats should be much better this time too, hoping to see Ged's playing up close this time!

3. I was there down in the 6th row, just in front of Geddy :)

Pretty schweet - I wasn't enamoured with the setlist, but it'd be impossible for them to please everybody with all ther material.

--jeff

4. MorganM

MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    I saw them Aug. 28th in Salt Lake City.
    No less than amazing. It's my second time seeing them, but hey I caught them late in the game.

Neils old solo seemed more interesting to me as far as how it sounds, but it's always good to see change. No complaints.

Geddy was himself, just struttin' around like he owned the place :)

Overall it was a blast.

5. I'm going next month and I can't wait!!!

Lisa

6. MorganM

MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    They don't put out watts.

They put out T-shirts ;)

7. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Im going tommorow! :D