I saw the "light"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tgriley62, Oct 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    I mentioned in another post about picking up a GK MB200 in Aug & a Fender Rumble 500 head this week to replace my 25lb Hartke LH500. So I have this old laptop bag & decided to see if it would work for gigs. Well I managed to get both the GK & the Fender heads plus all the power cords & speaker cords and my G-30 wireless into one bag. This will be so nice to load in/out

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

And so easy for some one to steal!! :(

bassboysam likes this.
  3. Always the ray of sunshine, eh?

r10, Linnin, El-Bob and 5 others like this.
  4. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    What an old poop !! (takes one to know one :))

Linnin and BassmanPaul like this.
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

No but I have had three bases stolen in my time! :(

6. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    It's a real downer for a gig when you come home with less gear than you left with. Our band always has at least one of the group with our gear at all times, load in, load out or breaks. Sad to sat it's not always a friendly world out there.

tgriley62...congratulations on your new set-up! I always love it when I can get the sound I want while simultaneously reducing my pack mule duties. :)

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  7. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    Pics of packed and unpacked bag.

8. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Slow learner?

tzohn and Killed_by_Death like this.
  9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

No just unlucky! :(

Al Kraft likes this.
  10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Ditto here! I picked up both a GK MB200 (backup) and a GK MB500 for my main head. Both fit in a 14" Case Logic laptop bag with room for cables. Then I can use the strap over my shoulder and carry a couple small cabs to boot. In and out in one trip! For that matter, I can put the MB200 in my outside pocket of my bass gig bag!

Very smart! Glad you saw the "light!" :thumbsup:

Al Kraft likes this.
  11. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    I've done a similar thing with a carvin mb115 and matching cab. Gig bag on back amp and can in hand and that's all I need. Not to mention it all fits in the back of my ford fiesta hatch without folding the seats down or getting rid of the deck lid.

12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I was playing a dive bar and the bar tender nodded at a guy and said watch your gear. I stood guard and eyed the thug hard. I could tell he was packing heat. I caught his eye and flashed my S&W. He left the bar. Sometimes you just have to be both hard and real.

alaskaleftybass and shawshank72 like this.
  13. I've got four amps in laptop bags. The biggest one is for my GB Shuttlemax 12 which is the largest Dclass I have. It's one of those big bags with a pull out handle and wheels with a large space for spkr cords extension cords spare mic cords and other misc. stuff. It's great I can roll it and my small hand truck with cabs at the same time. I love laptop bags and you can pick them up for peanuts at yard sales and Goodwill.

14. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Whew. Welcome to the south, I guess! In Alaska we leave our cars and homes unlocked!
    One weekend we left all our stuff by the front door of a nightclub for five days and when we got it nothing was even touched. Two women worked the shifts and they said if anyone touched our stuff they would get the baseball bat! :laugh:

Al Kraft likes this.
  15. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Why would the victim be at fault for this ?? :cool:

16. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    It was meant to be tongue in cheek:rolleyes:
    Fault no---- fool me once- shame on you-- fool me twice- shame one me--3x?

Locks are made for honest people. I use them, why invite trouble?
    Make it just a bit hard or a crook, and they will choose an easier

17. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Is cool..... I got it :) That line just came to mind and as a GOF I needed to get it down before it was lost to the ages lol !

I've had stuff disappear on me too.... I guess someone thought that it was theirs or they just needed it more than I did. sigh..... what to do ??

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021