I saw the 'tones!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JMX, Nov 3, 2002.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just came home from the Leverkusen Jazztage - and I saw Bela Fleck & The Flecktones!!!
    This might not be something special for you US citizens, but I've been waiting for this almost 10 years.

I talked briefly to Jeff Coffin just before the gig (I got him to listen to the Leningrad Cowboys and buy their tour poster :D ).
    After an AMAZING gig I talked to the rest of the guys and got autographs. Futureman was really fun to talk to, so were Bela and Victor. Bela was surrounded by people and a little busy, but Victor had some time to talk, although he almost appeared a little shy. But some of the nicest people I've ever met, especially Jeff.

They played mostly new stuff, even a song written by Jeff, called Sherpa(?), which will appear on the next record according to Futureman.

The audience was great too, the 'tones got standing ovations and got called for TWO encores!

This was the best concert I've been to in some time, thanks a lot guys, and visit Germany again soon! :)
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Before I die, I would like to see the Flecktones and John Patitucci. Neither of them are coming near me anytime soon, unfortunatly. I guess I just won't have to die for a while. :D
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've seen the flecktones 3 times and Patitucci twice :p
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Seen the flecktones 6 times.

Patitucci zero :p
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, I saw the flecktones at theirt last show in America(before they would depart to europe, or wherever) a month or so ago.
    such a great show.
    I didn't get to talk to the whole band afterwards because there were alot of people there
    but I did talk to victor for a little while(got him to sign my hat for hte second time) and I got to shake MC divinity's hand :)

Jeff Coffin the man who likes to wear his hair upside down :D

such a great show. they are great performers...I can't wait for the next album, Bela said at the concert that is was going to be 2-discs.
  6. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    When I read the thread title I thought you were talking about the deftones. Damn!

The Flecktones are still great though. *thumbs up*
  7. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    i thought you ment.. our very own talkbass member.. 'Tones'
  8. ...same :p

Well.. beat this!

I've never even heard of them.. ;)
  9. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I was thinking Bluetones or Undertones.
  10. always a blast to see the Flecktones.
  11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Is it just me, or has he not posted for a while...?
  12. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I love seeing them. Seen them twice and the woot family once. Truly one of the greatest shows ever. I love how they stick around and talk after teh show. Down to earth people.
  13. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I think he's been touring with his band. At least that's what it says in his profile.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    I've seen them twice now. Lst time was probley 3 months ago. They always play small places around here, And It seems like you can always meet them after the show. I got pics from last time but dont know how to post them. There aint much to see, exept for Vic, And me next to him with a big S**T eating grin on my face.:D . Oh ya, Futch was hitting on my girlfriend, Wich was an f'n honor.