I saw Uriah Heep live!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43apples, Jun 3, 2005.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Weee!! :hyper:

I just came home from the best show i've ever been to; Uriah Heep live! They were AMAZING, they were really tight, and it seemed like they had a great time onstage! Trevor was playing trough this vintage SVT, and had some seriously thick, growly tone. Mick was playing trough a Marshall JCM800, and did a huge stageshow with tons of soloing!

And guess what?! I got to touch Trevors P-bass when it went to "tuning", i shaked hands with him, and Mick!! I caugth them when they went from the stage and to the bus:

Me: (very hyper) Hey, you guys were excellent! I loved your playing!
    Trevor: "Thanks man, we had a great time"
    Mick: "Thanks alot! See ya"
    And then we shaked hands!

This was a day to never forget :)

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That sounds great!

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance, but Trevor.... who?

Who's playing bass for the Heep these days? :)
  3. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
  4. Trevor Bolder of Ziggy Stardust fame, best bassist Bowie had besides Tony.

Thats great man, I d love to see Heep live.
  5. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Yeah, it's really special for me, a 15 year old bassist and Uriah Heep fan, to see the band, and even shake hands with the bassist!

I never thougth i was going to experience this ;)
  6. markfsy

May 14, 2005
    Suffolk, England
    That's the ONE advantage of being so old - I saw them a good few times in small clubs in the late 60's/early 70's (not too sure of dates for some reason) along with Black Sabbath, Edgar Broughton, Fletwood Mac, Led Zepplin (which I paid 7/6d (about 20c), to see in a local pub/club), Cream, Patto, and a thousand others. All a few feet away so you could watch them playing. Amazing days. Almost makes up for the arthritis.
  7. Bolder did an interview in the UK Bassguitarmagazine-

he said he'll retire the P bass when the hole in the body wears through to the other side:D

-also that he chose Brazil's D'Alegria to make his signature bass (J bass -styled) as no-one else will give him an endorsement deal- Warwick lent him basses but would take them back...

found a video clip here;
  8. Hey Erlend, you wouldn't happen to also be on the seymour duncan forum, would you?
  9. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey Jake, yeah, i was on the SD forum for 3 years, but i quit it recently ;).

What Jake are you? I knew quite a few Jakes there :)

10. I'm just "Jake" over there. We didn't really cross paths very often, so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know me.
  11. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey, Jake, i'm almost sure i know who you are ;).

Are you the "Shabby Junior *twangtwang*.... Sea-bob! *twangtwang*" Jake with the southern accent and the Yamaha Pacifica? Or are you the Jake with all those ilnesses and kidney stones?

Cheers! :hyper:
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The 'Heep' would be a cool show, especially with Trevor Boulder.

Cool times!
  13. you saw Uria?

considering he was killed by David in the Bible times....
  14. rwerneck

rwerneck Builder: D'Alegria Custom Basses

Jun 18, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Hi Barry,

You're absolutely right, by the time of that interview for UK's Bass Guitar magazine we had prepared a purple/blue Defender JB (Jazz Bass-type) bass for Trev. But at the end of last year we sent a Defender PJ (Precision-type) bass for him with a traditional 3-tone sunburst finish. Comparing to his old 74 Precision (that will be retired anytime soon!), it looks similar but the D'Alegria is active (it works as a passive bass too if the push/pull switch on the volume knob is pulled), with bass and treble controls.