I saw Yes last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bardolph, May 6, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The show was amazing. It's so cool how a band can exist for 35 years and still rock as old wrinkly men. Chris Squire played several basses, but the one that stood out to me was his white rickenbacker 4003 that he played with a pick. When he put distortion on that thing, mmmmmmm mmmmmm. Good time.
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I saw them in Atlanta.
    Hell of a show!
  3. Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    I saw atl and tampa! AWESOME!!
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000

That's his Ric 4001 that he purchased back in 1965. That thing IMO still sounds great.
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ok, I'll start:

You saw who?
  6. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    No, not "The Who"....he saw "Yes" :)
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He has 2 Rics with him.

I saw them on Tuesday night in Chicago. I wasn't prepared for how great of a show it really was! I brought a friend who knows about 2 songs. Before the show started, he wasn't sure he even wanted to stay for more than half the show. He couldn't be torn away from the concert until after the encore!:D

I was VERY impressed!
  8. jr47foam

Dec 15, 2003
    Hatboro, PA
    Wow, the last time I saw them was probably 1970 or 71. They were the first band I heard use the mellotron. My friend was a DJ and he had a backstage pass so I got to meet them. It was very low key. There weren't hoards of people or groupies around. They were just hanging out in their dressing room. I do know that other than that mellotron, whenever I think of Yes I think of Chris Squire's bass work.