Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i scored a great deal.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Acacia, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was visiting an old friend yesterday and mentioned to him that I was looking to either buy a Hartke or and Ampeg rig. he showed me his hartke 3500 and offered it to me for $150. It's in near perfect condition and I think I would be silly to turn it down.

now since i am saving so much on the head, i can get a better 4x10 cab. I'm gonna try either an Eden, Ampeg or Bag End.

2. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Now where have I seen this before? :taps head: ;)

Once again good score! You know my feelings on which cab. That is if you read my post at Flakes.

3. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    you following me again? :D

Yeah, I read it. I'm leaning towards the Eden if they can give me a good enough deal on one.

4. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Hey I thought you were following me?!:D

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    along with the Hartke head, I went ahead and got an SWR Goliath III 4x10 cab. I liked it much much better than that Hartke XL, the Bag End and the Ampeg that I played thru.

I am now set.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hope to shout. I've seen this setup on stage somewhere ... Acoustic Alchemy's bassist was using a Hartke head, maybe a 7000, but may have been a 3500. I had one of these and sold it (for more than $150) and wish I hadn't. I get to play through it now and then at rehearsal, and it's just an excellent all-around amp.