1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I scored an aluminum neck Kramer today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XsSpeed, Jan 5, 2013.

1. XsSpeed

XsSpeed

Sep 14, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I had a DMZ loaned to me once and although it weighed a ton and has serious neck dive, I loved the tone and uniqueness of it. Today I scored this one at Atomic Music in Beltsville, MD. It had a layer of funk on it but I cleaned it up nicely (after this pic) and put some new strings on it. From looking at this link, http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm I think it's the XKB-20. What do you guys think?

kramer.jpg

2. Very nice, great score!

3. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
  4. XsSpeed

XsSpeed

Sep 14, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    nice

5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I have a Kramer Vanguard VNB1 (flying V) that I bought several years ago. It's a cool bass and plays well. Same split head as yours. The aluminum neck is great, just a little cool to the touch in cold weather! :cool:

6. dcalde78

dcalde78

Apr 17, 2012
    Scotland
    Interesting to see one with a solid colour finish, I've only ever seen them in a natural gloss finish.

7. XsSpeed

XsSpeed

Sep 14, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I need the frets dressed or something because from 11-15 there's nothing

8. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    A slice of history. I used to covet the Travis Bean basses with Aluminum necks when I was a little 80s dude. Wound up playing a Ric for 25 years. Cool basses, though.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021