1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I screwed up

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Don Higdon, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Don Higdon

Don Higdon In Memoriam

Dec 11, 1999
    Princeton Junction, NJ
    This is embarassing - It's almost August and I totally, TOTALLY missed Accordion Awareness Month, which was June.
    What did you guys do?

2. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    I worked up a killer bluegrass flat-picking arrangement of 'Lady of Spain'! :D

3. I accidentally left my accordion in the back seat of my car with the door unlocked. When I came back out, I discovered that the worst had happened....

Someone left another accordion in my back seat.

4. Welk re-runs.
    watched lawrence and myron slugg it out.

5. iiipopes

iiipopes

May 4, 2009
    I went to London for the 8th time in 32 years, this time with the entire family. While they watched from complimentary seats close to the stage, I got to sit in the pit for a performance of Wicked at the Apollo Victoria, and got to read through the scores before hand and during the interval. Daf Lewis was a most gracious host.

The weather was great -- exactly as advertised.

Yes, I'm embarrassed also, especially after having been on stage as bassist for the Welk Precious Memories Show.

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I blew it, too. And I am actually the bassist of record on an accordion trio record. Imagine how embarrassed I must be!

7. Mr. DiPippo is going to get a full report regarding this oversight. Angie doesn't take these things lightly. You guys are in BIG trouble. He has his Cordovox ready and if necessary he may wipe everybody out. I did say "may" didn't I.:rollno::rollno:

8. It's okay, man. We'll just say it was a youthful indiscretion or that you needed rent money.

9. Jake deVilliers

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Hah! Myron's winning that battle every time. I just picked up Myron Floren's 'Accordion Concert' on Dot Records... :D

10. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    You mean how embarrassed you must be to be the bassist of record on an accordion trio record?

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Both, actually. :bag:

12. Looks like Kenny didn't forget, Don.

[​IMG]

13. gerry grable

gerry grable Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2010
  14. Jake deVilliers

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    That's a very nice show - thanks Gerry! Reminds me of Myriam Alter's 'If' with Dino Saluzzi on bandoneon (and Greg Cohen on bass).

It seems I missed a major 'cordeen festival very close to home: ;)

15. Man, I work every Thursday with an accordion player and she never mentioned it either!

I wonder if Pete remembered?

(He's a blast and a half to work with!)