1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i search a great bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tremble, Feb 10, 2006.

1. tremble

tremble

Feb 10, 2006
    hi everybody, i,m a new member of this site. I,m not really good in english because i,m french canadian.

I search for a bass amp and i need some suggestions

What do you think about combo eden nemesis NC-410 ????

or something like that

thanx for your help

Tremble

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I haven't tried one, but Eden makes great stuff, I have a WT-330, and like it. The Nemisis has great reveiws. Might be a good one, especially for rock and roll. What about the great Canadian Yorkvilles? They make a great amp also, and may be cheaper in Canada? Good Luck!!

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes, Tremble, check out the Yorkville Sound line. In Canada it's a better value than Peavey. I have one of the Yorkville small combos for home practice and it's great. But I've used the bigger Yorkville amps for live gigs and I've always been pleased. In Canada a lot of working musicians use Yorkville. They sound good, are very reliable and have a fantastic 2 year warranty-even if you break it. They're made in Canada. Yorkville has come a long way since they started.

4. i like ashdown and eden gear.

i own a ashdown amp and a eden speaker cab

5. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    Since you're in Canada, the Traynor YBA200 is a sweet amp that shouldn't cost you too many clams (I could be wrong there). Otherwise, if money isn't an issue Gallien-Krueger, Eden, Aguilar, Thunderfunk, Ampeg, Ashdown all make great amps (sure, there are more but it's 7 a.m...). Figure out home much amp you'll need: is this for practice, playing out, to be upgraded piece by piece later... and search this forum for particular bits of info (button on the upper righthand corner).