Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I shaved my neck...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tecx, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    On my bass jerk!.. No I havn't shaven my own neck in years.... Alright The 79 Ibanez Roadstar is commin long nicely... Here is the schimy...

Ash body
    Maple Neck (now shaved)
    Bartolini 8s pickups
    Badass 2 bridge
    and a push pull tone pot (down position is a .05, up is a .1 = LOWPASS baby)
    and flatwounds

Pritty thumpin (also I am working on a 66 traynor bassmate tube head)

So whats the deal?.. Now that I have no vanear on my neck what to do?.. I know it can go green, how do I stop that... And oil?.. Powder?... Whatcha think?... Also I will have pics of the bass soon!!!

Alex

p.s. If anyone wants to buy some original equipmet - pickups (p-style) and a chrome bridge.... I am looking to sell... :)

2. One of the fastest finishes - both in terms of ease of application and speed of play - is a polymerized tung oil finish or a Tru-Oil finish. If you've got the neck smooth to 600 grit or so, you can go to the oil and be healed my son! You'll love the feel after you've put about 6 coats on and then buffed and waxed it.

3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    You my son are my saviour... And I thank ye... I will definatly do that... I can't wait... this bass is going to ozzze dub funk....

yay!.. :D

Alex