1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I SOUND AWESOME!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Sweden
    Recived my new toy today, a small tube preamp called MIC200 by Behringer, and it sounds perfect! Creamy nice tube warmth with distortion if you wish, just crank the gain knob. Tomorrow i will change the stock tube to a JJ electronic 12AX7 and see what happens! :hyper:

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    That thing looks pretty cool for $49.00. Let us know what you think of the JJ tube when you drop it in.
    Hope I spelled everything correctly. :eyebrow:

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    From what I understand, or at least what I've seen, is that that with Behringer tube products, the tube barely does anything. Some have little yellowish/orangish lights behind the tube to make it look like it's glowing when it just marginally useful in the circuit, pretty goofy.

http://www.record-producer.com/learn.cfm?a=2840

NOTE: I'm not a Behringer hater, they make a very inexpensive product that works perfectly fine for some people.

4. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Sweden
    Changed the tube today, was a bit tricky to change it. Soundwise i noticed with the change that the sound had much more clarity and it still produces that warmth i mentioned earlier. Doesn't distort very easily now against the Behringer tube and the distortion is much more "professional" sounding. With the first tube it was a bit mud/dull tone but now everything has become clear without being sterile sounding.

The box itself is of very good quality and the knobs sits tight and good. I love this box! :hyper: :bassist:

5. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I used the Mic 100 for a while,for the priceit's a great way to add definition to the sound.
    and can also drive a poweramp.

6. Colarndo

Colarndo Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Congrats, I'm in the stage use my ISP Decimator, to see how much noise I need to filter off. Does it get quieter with the tube swap?

7. And congrats too, to Thurisarz, for having the cojones to have 'I love Behringer' in your signiture...

8. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    A while back I A-B'ed the Behringer tube preamp and the Art TubeMP, the Art sounded much better with bass--fatter, richer. I later switched the tube in the MP for the JJ, and it got even better--warmer and more compressed.

9. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    this might be a dumb question.. but can you overdrive and/or drive a power amp with that?

...im always on the look for a cheap backup incase something goes wrong with my rig

10. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    Yes, you can drive a power amp nicely, but you'll probably want some kind of EQ. You can overdrive the preamp, but wouldn't be my choice of overdrive.

11. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    awesome :bassist:
    i think i might want to get a new toy now..

12. GremlinAndy

GremlinAndy

Feb 15, 2006
    behringer = ack...