Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I started a web site about beer! (my first site)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dvon1981, Feb 2, 2006.

1. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    Hey guys,

I just started my first web site...about something I love other than bass.

Check out the site, beer reviews and forums here

Not selling anything, just starting out and wanted to create a cool space for people to post reviews and write in a forum. Really going for the non-snobby beer site.

Let me know what you guys think

we named the site HopHeadHaven.com

Mods: I'm not looking to make money from people or sell anythign just looking for peoples opinions so I can improve. If this is against any sort of rules just let me know.

Look forward to all of your replies!

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Sweet! I'm a big beer fan myself, both brewing and consuming. I'll sign up for the forum later tonight.

One thing to note is that I got Runtime errors (syntax I think) when I loaded the main page and when I loaded the forum front page.

3. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    Huh really? are you using IE or Firefox? haven't heard that from people yet...I'll take a look into that. Thanks for the heads up

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I expect Belgian beers.

5. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    We'll be adding alot of Belgians soon, the co-owener of the stie and I will be adding alot of our beer reviews tonight.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    nice design. easy to read.

no forum rules yet though.

and no MODS!?!?!

i can think of a few members who would have a field day

:)

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Say Dvon, if you're looking for Mods, I'd like to help you out.

8. I rather enjoy beer too. For reviews, does it have to be like commercial beer everyone has availability to? Since there are some rather good Canadian beers that are only available in...Canada. And can there be reviews of microbrewies in certain cities/areas that people may want to visit in the future(the cities, not the breweries, but then go visit the breweries for beer...and a tour or something). Could be interesting.

I'll sign up after class when I get home.

9. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    We actually WANT local stuff, foreign...whatever you like. If you'd like to post a review Please first post an unbiased description of the beer and then rate (you'll see we have a rating system in place). We welcome any and all beer reviews.

10. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    PM sent

11. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    There are mods, Jeff, the co-owner and myself moderate all the forums. We will eventually be looking to expand that. Rules are beign posted tonight...though there won't be many.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yes, there are. Any of you Canadians going to review this beer??? :)

[​IMG]

-Mike

13. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    hahahhahah, well done

14. I'll be a mod on your beer forum :ninja::D

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hm... it was on IE at work, which I think is Windows NT. Here at home on Firefox on an XP machine I am getting no errors. :)

16. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    ok good to know. I tried from a few different OS using both IE and Firefox and wasn't able to replicate that error...wasn't able to try on NT though. May have just been a fluke? Thanks for the follow up.

17. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    For the couple of you that have mentioned interest in being mods I will keep you in mind. We definitely want our mods to be knowledgable and interested in beer though. If you are truely interested in becoming a mod please register and post in the beer reviews section as well as forums. The beer reviews section will quickly give me an idea of whether you are a good fit or not.

Thanks,

Devon

18. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Looks cool. Although I doubt I'll add reviews, it will be nice to see some. I just hope I'll find some of that stuff here in Iceland.

19. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    What are some of your fav beers from Iceland? We go out of our way to custom order beers all the time. I'd be happy to look into getting some icelandic brews up on review