Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I still love Halo 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. PhunkyPants, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Anybody else still addicted to playing Halo 2 on Xbox live?

Want to share some tips/stories?

I've recently been perfecting the "noob combo"--charged plasma shot and battle rifle. It's a merciless pairing.

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I never really figured out what the hell was going on at the end of that game....it was quite some time ago last I played it though...

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Are you him?

(link removed in respect of the tender souls who can't withstand a little profanity)

4. Hahaha that video is so hilarious.

But wicked foul, NSFW warning on that one.

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    oh god, that's hilarious. i think i played that kid--or about a hundred like him

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    At work you should be working anyway. ;)

But it's true. And it's against the forum rules too, so I'll remove it. Stupid, boring rules. :spit:

7. I dont have an Xbox, but anytime Im over at my guitarist's house, I play Halo 2 online. Im just now starting to get halfway decent.

8. I pretty much stopped playing Halo 2 online after realizing that half of the people blasting me to oblivion were probably under the age of 10.

9. I still play Halo 2 online sometimes, but I only play now when I know my friends are on.

Too much cheating goes on, both of the definitely-cheating kind (super jumps, full auto battle rife hacks, etc.), and the legal cheating (spawn killing is my big pet peeve).

Really, what's the glory in sniping somebody who has been alive for .2 seconds?

10. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    two words.....scarab gun :D

I can rip up just about anyone if i get my hands on either the magnum/smg combo or a magnum/magnum or a magnum/plasma. if i get a sword theres no point in playing anymore, everyones dead. if i get a sword and a rocket launcher i can do s*** most halo geeks have never seen befor (and no not just the rocket glitch). only problem with me is i dont get to show off unless i walk like 2 miles to my friends house cuz i have stupid dial-up here.

11. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Anyone can pwn a game of FFA Slayer with a n00b cannon and the Sword.

I still play, but not much. It's been a month and a half since I was last logged in. It just sucks going into a game and there's a 'Level 6' who is really a level 32 in another gametype and he clears the game out in .2 seconds.

I still get together every coupla weeks and LAN up 4 'boxes with my buddies. Then the stuff is fun.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    love halo 2,

but with my measily 18 ranking, i've been playing w/ my bud who's a 29, and i'm sorta getting sick of all the "hacked" boards his friends have been tossed onto. kinda annoying.

13. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I dive-bombed a Warthog with my Wraith from up top on Coagulation once. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. It completely wrecked his Warthog.
    What happened was I had climbed up the wall and he didn't see me and so parked himself at the base. Imagine the surprise he got when the nose of my Wraith hammered the thing to pieces.

The xbox is upstairs. I have a 50ft. network cable running over the inside balcony and down into the office. It is the most ghettofantastic xbox live setup ever. The cable is hanging down in the middle of the room and is always in everybody's way.

PM me with the link to that video you guys are talking about.

Post your gamer tags! My friend and I play as: asadhobo
    Pronounced "A Sad Hobo" because he didn't know you could use spaces in a name.

14. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I have avoided buying an Xbox because the one time I played Halo 2 on Xbox live, I knew it would consume my life. It's the only online game I have seen the appeal of.

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe,

wireless is your friend. ;)