i suck

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by buddhas bass, Apr 16, 2002.

1. buddhas bass

buddhas bass

Apr 15, 2002
    My rock band played its first gig about a week ago and we were the first act. i forgot that my bass was not only through my set up but the house PA and i started playing a stupid jazz riff with the curtens still closed and i found out when the crowed started clapping and laughing:confused: :p
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It's always good to know your limitations! ;)
  3. What's wrong with that though? If they clapped maybe that's a good sign?
  4. you got CURTAINS? damn, that's a heck of a first gig.
  5. olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Curtains!? The best most people get is chicken wire.:D :rolleyes:
  6. That sounds like somethign I would've done...well...actually, I probably would've gotten caught in the curtains and suffocated, or fell off the stage. I'm not exactly...how you say...smooth.

At least they clapped, huh? Seriously, how was the gig, though?
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, they might have thought it was cool.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey, nothing is cooler than forgeting your where abouts and tripping over a cord into the crowd...... Right? that was cool right?
  9. I "roadied" for my friend's gig once, and when I was tuning the bass, of course I played the opening to Cygnus X-1... a few seconds into it I hear from someone in the crowd (about 100 people, mostly 16-19 yr old punk fanatics) "RUSH SUCKS!!!"... I kept playing, nothing interesting happened.

On another note... I was at another punk show and I and two friends screamed between songs "PLAY TOM SAWYER!!!"... a second later from the other side of the room we hear someone scream "F**K RUSH!!!"... then this guy is going around the room trying to figure out who the Rush fans were, I guess he was gonna kick our asses or something. Pretty cool guy.

Sorry for going OT :)

Anyway, who cares? It was probably a cool riff, screw 'em if they didn't like it :p

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey man, rush is wicked dude.
  11. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001

anyway, they were clapping cause they liked it. you should be happy, not embarrased!

Sep 26, 2001
    in the sun
    K. Im in two bands right, and the guitar player from one band was in the audiance, and stupid me forgot to tune. Don't ask me why...... anyway I asked him to tune for me since I didn't want to go on stage before the show. So the guy tune my E string up to A. and I intro'd the first song! Oh well I never told him but things like that happen somtimes. you learn and go on. Hey at least your story's not as bad as mine.