1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think I decided to keep it...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Mar 8, 2008.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I recently purchased a DOuglas WOB 826 fretless from Rondo.
    2 weeks later, they got the Brice HXB 406's in stock...so I ordered a fretless.

I was MUCH more impressed with the Brice, and the WOB sort of became the bass that I decided would go.

The Brice came with flatwounds, which I was never a fan of. But after playing it, the sound sort of grew on me.

I decided to keep the WOB and put flats on it, while swapping the Flats for rounds on the Brice.

DSC_0354.

For some reason, I like the feel of that WOB and feel that if I let it go, I'll miss it...It'll be my "experimental bass", change the bridge, maybe the pre...we'll see.

2. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Eddie,

You already know my opinion of the WOB! And I'm glad to see that you have a new-found appreciation for a fretless with flats. Wonderful combination, IMO. But if you find yourself making a trip to the Metropolitan DC area soon, and want to swap, just send me a private message.
    Picture008.

3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I actually have a question for you...will send PM.