Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i think i found my new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I think i found what I like. Its the Dean Razor nt-4, with oil finish, and i plan to change out the e-string machine head for a gold hipshot one. but i'll need some "users" oppinions.
    check it out yourself...

2. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    whats the price Tag on that?

3. Man, I've played that exact same bass. Really opened my eyes, pleased my ear, and made my wallet start to sweat.

I got out of it with all my money intact though lol. Tragically good bass.

4. I picked up a used one of those once (didnt have that nice of a finish though) and felt good. Didnt get a chance to plug it in though. One thing I remeber is the neck was narrow yet very thick. Not really to my liking, but was different.

jtbp

5. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    glad u asked, $639.00 on MF. but there on ebay all the time for the buy now price of $489.00
    gutta love that dean price.

btw... there are two different razors. Theres the razor 1, which usually a black satin finish, no active electronics (3 knobs), bolt on, and the standard big bridge. The Razor nt-4 (the one shown) has 3 band acticve pre, oil finish, and individual bridge sattles, and is neck thru.
    it also has gold hardware.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i've played that same dean at a music store upstate... it sounded and played pretty good. I think the price on it was $500 something.. don't really remember exactly