1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I think I got a bad string.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Do me a favor and take a look at this string and let me know if this is what a new string should look like, this is my first time trying this particular brand.
    [​IMG]

:scowl: Just my luck! I only got one set too. :scowl:

[5 year old whinny voice] I wanna play my bassssssss! waaaaa! [/5 year old whinny voice]

Attached Files:

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    BAd string. Mos Def

3. Sarcasm by the way. I know it's a bad string. ;)

4. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Can you return it?

5. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    :eyebrow:

Huh...what brand, if you don't mind sharing?

6. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Nothing wrong with that string. Its "pre-bridge partial tapered exposed" design is intended to maximize growl, bark, and mwah.

Tom

7. I believe I will have no problem getting a new B string but I got them on line so I'm not sure if I have to go through them or the manufacture.

I really didn't want to, but...
    La Bella, Slappers

They are of the hand made variety, I have heard that getting a bad string with hand made string happens once in a while so I am not ready to give up on La Bella just yet.

ROFL

The only thing maximized right now is the tone of a loose four foot rubber band! :D

8. If they are hand made, then I understand. There must be Monday and Friday strings. ;)

9. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Good. I used La Bella's on my classical guitar for a long time, always great strings.