Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think I got a bad string.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Do me a favor and take a look at this string and let me know if this is what a new string should look like, this is my first time trying this particular brand.
    [​IMG]

:scowl: Just my luck! I only got one set too. :scowl:

[5 year old whinny voice] I wanna play my bassssssss! waaaaa! [/5 year old whinny voice]

Attached Files:

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    BAd string. Mos Def

3. Sarcasm by the way. I know it's a bad string. ;)

4. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Can you return it?

5. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    :eyebrow:

Huh...what brand, if you don't mind sharing?

6. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Nothing wrong with that string. Its "pre-bridge partial tapered exposed" design is intended to maximize growl, bark, and mwah.

Tom

7. I believe I will have no problem getting a new B string but I got them on line so I'm not sure if I have to go through them or the manufacture.

I really didn't want to, but...
    La Bella, Slappers

They are of the hand made variety, I have heard that getting a bad string with hand made string happens once in a while so I am not ready to give up on La Bella just yet.

ROFL

The only thing maximized right now is the tone of a loose four foot rubber band! :D

8. If they are hand made, then I understand. There must be Monday and Friday strings. ;)

9. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Good. I used La Bella's on my classical guitar for a long time, always great strings.