1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think I got Hi-beams instead of Dragons Skins

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Harpo61, May 19, 2012.

1. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    After 4 months of using DR Dragon Skins I have decided that these are my favorite strings. So I ordered a second set and decided to change them out to see how much of a difference 4 months of playing time made to these coated strings. I put them on my Jazz Bass and I was like what the heck these are not the same strings they feel and sound like Hi-Beams. I know what you thinking new strings are going to sound a little different so I put a new set of Hi-Beams that I had and they sound and felt the same.

So I called DR yesterday and to my surprise a live and knowledgeable person answered the phone. I asked him if there have been any changes to Dragon Skins since there release and he told me not to his knowledge and that he would send me out a new set what great customer service ,

So last night I realized that I still had piece of the E string the I crimped off sitting on my amp so I proceeded to unwind the wrap from the core (gee I need a life) and to my surprise as far as I can tell there is no coating I even took a lighter to the wrap to see if anything would melt and to my surprise no coating

2. iuserneim

iuserneim

Feb 7, 2009
    germany
    why don't you just write DR and tell them what you wrote here. they have superb customer support !

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    He called them and their sending him a new set of strings.

4. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    I told them that I would give the feedback when I get new set. I know that that Dragon Skins are HI-BEAMS with a clear K-3 coating either they put HI-BEAMS in the wrong package or it could be the wrap the used did not have the coating on it .
    But DR is a great company and they stand by there products .

5. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hopefully these are actually Dragon Skins, and you can't even tell the difference!

6. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    Trust I ripped a piece of the end of string apart and it is round core and tried to burn off to see if there is any coating nothing melted off .Because of the coating the string is little stiffer which I like.

7. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    I received a package from DR and I was plesenty surprised what was in box and this time they were Dragon Skins . I can not praise there customer service enough.