I think I got screwed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geddyfan, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Bought a firebass 700 from out of state,they told me it war a 2001 floor model.I got it today and I don't think so.It doesn't look like the new firebass2 in the new catalog.It's definately not too old still has the black face but the graphics look a little diffrent.It looks brand new but how do I date it?I don't know how it sounds my bass cab is not here right know.If it seems too good to be true it probably is.I bought it right but misrepresented.
  2. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Send it back if you are not happy with it. I have played this head and was not impressed.
  4. Well, the new catalog would be for the year 2002. Is the head a 2001 model? Can you email Peavey and see if they can tell you what year the head is, based on the serial number? Maybe they can tell you what changes they made between the 2001, and 2002 models.

You say that you bought the head right, but misrepresented? It sounds like a simple misunderstanding. You said that it looks brand new, but you don't think that it is a 2001 or 2002 model. I'm not sure what year Peavey switched from white face to black face model, but it sounds like Peavey can clear this up for you right away.

Peavey is very helpful with things of this nature. The Firebass really is a good amp.... powerful as heck for the price you pay for it. I just looked at my receipt for my Firebass, and I bought it in 1999. It could have been a leftover 1998 model, or it could be a 1999 model. It's the white faced one. I just can't remember what year they made the change.
  5. I contacted peavey it'a a 2000 model.I also contacted the retailer he said if i didn't like it send it back.Was there any model changes between 2000 and 2001.It was on clearance,I got it for 400.00 inc. shipping so even for a 2000 a very good price,and it has never been used.
  6. yes it has a full warrenty>I don't know how it sounds the only cab at my house right know is a 4-12 celestion loaded guit. cab.
  7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Why are you shouting at us? ;)

It sucks that they told you one thing and delivered another, but you have to remember who you're dealing with -- a music store and it's owner/employee! I say, if you like it and it looks brand new (which you said it did) and it came with a warranty and all the literature, keep it. If there were no changes between the 2000 and 2001 models, the only difference is going to be that one is going to be more expensive than the other. $400 is a good deal. In fact, that's probably why you got such a good deal -- so dude could get rid of it to make room for the new models. I know I got such a good deal on my FB700 because A) The store I bought it from was moving and they wanted to sell as much **** as they could, so they wouldn't have to move it all and B) When they did move, they could concentrate on selling the new models.

Mine was also a floor/demo model, but it was the only one they had on hand. It would be nice if they would discount an item so much if it's new and never been played and then discount it a little bit more than that if it's a demo model (example: The thing retails for 700 bucks, they drop the price to $550 if it's new and $475 if it's a demo), but that doesn't ever seem to be the case.
  8. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    If i were u i'd return it JUST BECAUSE its not what I originally thought I was getting (no matter if it is a 2000 and its in excellent shape). Or explain your position to the store mgr and see what they can do for u.

I actually didn't like the tone out of that head but.... its not a bad price....
  9. I talked to the store and they didn't seem to have a problem with me returning it so I probably will just for the principal of the matter.
  10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    The bottom line is, do you like the amp? If so and you're returning it just because you think you got bamboozled, you're passing up a helluva deal. It sounds to me like you just don't like the amp.

I wish this thread would have come up when I was shopping for a FireBass!
  11. Honestly I'm diddapointed it's not a 2001 but it does eoun awful through my acoustic 136 bottom.Maybe a different cab.Tha 136 isn't mine.I'll try some other cabs before i ship it back.
  12. Well i tried a few cabinets.4-10tvx,1-15bw loaded neither blew me away but togather pretty nice.Tried a boogie 4-10deisel too dark for me an ampeg 4-10 too bottom heavyand a sunn 410h that was the best 4-10 i played imho but not very efficient but very full and balanced sounding also the least expesive.Still not sure what I'll do and maybe I should have posted misunderstood not screwed.