1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think I have fallen in love with SX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gord_oh, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bspot

bspot

Sep 9, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    Somebody needs to email Kurt - their current stock is dwindling....I [need?] another one and want more choices! I want an antique white J-bass with a red tort pickguard...mmm

2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    why do that? its an SX, not a fender.
    i will be proud to show the sx label on my bass, dont ruin it by slapping on a fender decal.
    these things are great, i dont care what anyone says, and i will wear the SX badge proud!

3. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    It looks more like a Lakland than a Fender :bag:

4. Gord_oh

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    very true. but defacing a good bass is still out of the question.

5. There's no reason to switch logos, there's nothing better than being asked after a gig, "Hey, what kind of bass is SX, it sounds awesome" Then when I tell them the price, the look on there faces is priceless. I've been approached a few times, and made several of my friends part of the loyal SX owners crew...............

6. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    I have a co-worker who has been GASing over the Fender Thinline guitars. He really wants a semi-hollow. I showed him the Agile PRS semi-hollow copies on Rondo and he freaked. Now he is after me to order the Jazz when he orders the PRS so we can save on shipping to Canada.

7. Forty, my friend picked up a SX tele as a back up, and now it's his main guitar. I still alternate between my MIM and my SX, depends which band I play with............

8. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    FYI Forty, it is generally (although certainly not unanamously) considered by the bass playing community to be very bad taste to try and make non-fenders LOOK like Fenders by faking the logo.

IMHO, of course.

9. Gord_oh

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    well put.

10. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    for me, my SX is like my LMII - nobody knows about it but freak out when they hear the sound and the price (pick up changed to noiseless though)

11. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    offer to sell them the sx for twice what you payed when they come up and tell you how good it is.. send me 20 bucks and then buy urself 2 more sx basses.. repeat this process indefinitley

12. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    nice one D Rokk haha!!

13. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Yup, I'm hiding too....
    :bag:

14. Gord_oh

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    UGH! I have never had to wait for a bass before, this is killing me. It's only been a couple days, I've seen people wait months!!

According to tracking it looks like it might be ahead of schedule, it might be here today so I dont have to wait the whole weekend. It was scheduled for Tuesday but it made it over 900 miles from MA to OH in a day! I think it can make it 200 or so from where it is at now to me today!

high hopes.

15. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Cool, then do it to a Squier where the headstock looks almost correct, so you don't look like a total Doofis with a non Fender shaped headstock. ;) (I'd still recomend against that though)

Personaly, I agree with the previous post where it's generaly frowned uppon to be "faking" Fenders.

If you want Fender on the headsotck that badly, a used MIM can be had fairly cheap.

The absoluty LAST thing I would ever do to my SX is stick a Fender logo on it.

Actually someone did do this a while back on a red Jazz bass with a matching headstock , and tried to pass it off as a Fender.

You can imagine the grief that person took.

Think of it this way... would you rather someone came up to you and said "hey, tell me about that cool SX your playing" or "Hey, what's the deal with your Fake Fender?"

16. Gord_oh

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    THIS WAS PERFECT!

17. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    ... and an SX is a deal where if you dont like it, or losing $150 at the most, so its not the end of the world.

Get it! I plan on one soon enough.

18. Gord_oh

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Its about 2 hours away. So at best it will be here today.

I WANT IT SO BAD!!

coughthats what she saidcough

19. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV

Niiice! ;)

20. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    I am usually dissapointed with the SX necks ... I usually end up replacing the neck with a mighty mite neck.

pj5%20020.