I think i have my rig figured out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 9, 2004.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Hey guys after carefull consideration and research and help from you guys here at tb, i think i have finally got my rig all figured out. Also opinons and critasisum are welcomed wheater it be good or bad. Anyways on to my rig. I'm going to go the pre/power amp route why because i get a very versitle and powerful amp for a very resonable price. For the pre amp its going to be a bbe bmax 300$ at MF.com. The power amp is going to be either a QSC RMX 850 or 1450 depending on how much $$ i make. Then i'll get a rack case. For the cab im thinking either avatar,dr bass, or low down sound because i can get a 4 ohm cab from all 3 of them. The reason im going either avatar, dr bass, or LDS is because they offer 4 ohm cabs i want a 4x10 in 4ohms and its kinda hard to find a 410 cab in 4 ohms thats at a 15 year olds budget. And i do know that dr bass does not make 4x10 cabs if i go the dr bass route ill probably get a 212. Thats what im shooting for and the total comes to around 1100$ Plus tax and shipping. What do you guys think yay or nay?
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Go used. You'll get more bang for your buck.

Check out the classifieds here and at bassgear.com. Get an ebay account if you don't already have one. Check the used sections of your local dealers too... There's lots of deals to be had out there if you look enough.
  3. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Have you looked at the Sansamp RBI for a preamp? I don't have personal experience, but I've heard it compared favorably to the one you mentioned a couple times, so it just came to mind. It's the same price, I believe.
  4. Peavey makes a 4 ohm 4x10 that may fall into your budget. It retails for $489 new, and around 250-300 used. It sounds amazing as a stand alone cabinet. I used to have one and traded it only because of the weight.
  5. i just got finished building my rig, and its just about the same as what you are getting. I just got the BBE bmax and QSC rmx 1450. My cabs are an avatar B115 and B210. Im still in the process of dialing in the sound on the Bmax, but i like it very much.

Does anyone know if avatars are built with Speakon jacks now? Mine only have 1/4 inch jacks.
  6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
  7. Ricksmusic.com will save you about 70 bucks on the BBE BMAX.
  8. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    wow awesome thanks for all your help!!
  9. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I think it's riksmusic (unless there's another dealer with that name).
  10. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Agreed. I just scored a road ready 6-space rack and a Furman power conditioner for $97. It's sorta empty looking so far... but I'll be expanding soon.