Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think I hurt my head!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbanks, Jun 13, 2005.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    :eek:
    I'm afraid I may have damaged my Trace Elliot AH-500. About a week ago, while in the middle of an insanely loud jam, the power cord jarred loose (I know, I never heard of that problem before, either). I hit what I thought was the off switch, but it must have been the ultraviolet light switch, because when I plugged it in, the amp went...
    and I quote:
    "POP...wwwwhiiinnnnnggh"
    I thought I must have blew a speaker, but everything sounded fine, I thought.
    [Quick digression] I work at a Public Access Television Station. My lead player is the #3 producer there, my rythym guitarist is the Assistant manager there and I'm in fairly good favor because I just delivered 6 hours of hot new county goverment footage to the channel and have been playing the myterious 'iron videographer' role.[Digression off] So we've been allowed to practice in the studio during the summer, on Sundays, when we're closed. So yesterday we practiced there. And I noticed that the TE/Acme B2 combo was distorting. [Another digression] I use two amps; The TE/Acme combo and a Sunn Bass Coliseum 300 thru an Avatar 2x10 and a X-audio 2x10 [digression off] I figure that it was the Acme that had suffered damage, so I unplugged it and hooked the Avatar to the TE: same distortion. It sounded like a tube amp being overdriven, but at all volumes. So, now I need to find a shop that handles TE repairs. Local is no good. The local 'vintage' repair guy is having 'family troubles' and can't handle life. In the meanwhile I'm going to use this (see attachment). I don't like using this because of weight and I use the BBE in my home studio. Any suggestion on repairing my TE? I have a TE AH-300, but that, I consider to be a backup for the Sunn. (Whew! That's a lot of one-handed typing!)

2. (but, as I found your digression amusing, I shall also digress)
    I was fiddling about w/my very heavy full-suspension mountain bike, which was suspended(no pun, intended or otherwise)from the rafters in my garage when it became dislodged,fell & and dug the large chainring(a sharp-toothed gear-type thingie about 6-7" in diameter)into my tricep on its way to the floor. I realized later that some other part of the bike bounced off of, & bruised, my shoulder. I need to sell this thing(second time this has happened). :rollno: Hoping you found this amusing, I wish you good fortune w/your amp woes.

3. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    National Reso-Phonic Guitars
    im kinda in the same boat. my drummer dropped my ah400smx a couple weeks ago, now it doesn't work. no one locally, anyone know of a good repair shop to ship this thing?

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Damn, dude! You win! Get rid of that!:eek:

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Apparently, this character could do the job, he's just an emotional wreck... the turd!:spit::rollno:

6. Walking through a doorway, I cut it a bit close & glanced into the casement(?)w/the aforementioned bruised elbow/tricep area. *James Brown voice on* UNNHHH! Good Gawd!*Switch to Kip Dynamite voice* That's what I'm talkin' about...

:rollno:

Edit: Oh- & speaking of heads, I shaved mine last night(trying to stay on topic).

7. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    i have no digression (for once) but there's this place for trace stuff- it's in chicagoland, though and i don't know how far away that is from you.

http://www.britishaudioservice.com/

good luck from one tv guy to another