1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I think I just broke my practice amp! Any suggestions to get it working again?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by M.Mannix3, Jan 10, 2012.

1. M.Mannix3

M.Mannix3

Jun 12, 2010
    Let me start off at the beginning. I'm at college and I don't have much space in my dorm so I keep my amp under my bed, plugged into a power strip that in plugged into the wall. I plugged the instrument cable into the amp and turned it on (I didn't plug the other end into my bass yet, that end of the cable was on my bed). The light came on, then I reached under the bed to move the amp out so I could mess with the control knobs. As I was pulling the amp out from under my bed, I heard a pop and then the light went out on the amp. Did I blow the speaker or fuse or something?

Now the amp won't turn on at all and my bass is pretty quiet without an amp (I have flats on it) and I can't really hear it when I play along to a song playing on my computer.

If the speaker is messed up, is there anything I can do so I can plug in headphones?

The amp in question is an Acoustic B10 and it's a nice little practice amp. I just can't go home and get my bigger amp and the semester just started. Anything I can try to get the amp working?