i think i just figured out the exact bass i want...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Jul 16, 2001.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if i ever make tons of money, i'm having warwick custom build me a bass -

it'll have a thumb body, but instead of having the neck be wenge/bubinga it will be wenge/maple like the SSI. black hardware and bubinga body like normal, and the 5 string will have the same pickup locations as the 4 instead of the two by the bridge. jade "W" on the headstock, and some jade inlay at the 12th fret, not quite sure what yet.... move the bottom straplock to the center of the bass, and they must have the brass nut.

i'd get two fretted 5's, a fretted 4, and a fretless 5. and a bunch of really short straps so i can wear it by my chin. :D the fretless would have a macassar ebony fingerboard, lined.

mmm....now to figure out how to make the 12k it would require to get those basses ;)

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Sounds cool (well, except the pickups!), but why not macassar ebony on the fretted's, too? :D
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    oooh even better idea -

use the dolphin electronics, but have there be three stacked knobs

volume/blend neck-bridge
    mid/blend between two bridge J's

and i just love the feel of wenge fingerboards, but i doubt they'd work well for fretless.

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    When I bought my car, the company let me design it on the website and look at it after I was done. They also gave me a proce, so I decided to take what was on the lot!

Maybe you could use some graphics and actually do a pic of this thing. Though I doubt you could really get them for avg $3k each. My wet dream is a fretless thumb 6. I'd want a p'up further up by the neck though.