Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Think I Just Meditated.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Tames, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Tames

Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    I was just sitting here in my practice room and it was purely silent except for the whirr of the computer fan, but eventually that got zoned out. I just had my jazz bass in my lap and was playing. I closed my eyes and slowly felt like I was getting more and more tired, completely conscious and aware exactly what I was playing but I felt like I couldn't move, besides my fingers. I don't know if I fell asleep or... what. It was crazy. I really liked it though.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I've done that playing a C Maj scale stretched out my 6er...it was great.

3. Know exactly what ya mean ;) .

'Cept when I do it, the tubes in my Mesa ain't the only thing that's glowin orange when heated up :cool: . Not to mention, that wonderful, wonderful aroma

...of tubes, of course ;)

4. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I have done that once, It's a really cool feeling. I did it one day when I was very new to the bass and I picked it up and everything came together like I knew what I was doing. I got this weird float out of my body experience, and felt like I was looking at myself in a third person.

Has anyone else had this third person thing go on, because I talked to a couple other friends and they said they had it a couple times when they would gig.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    In every gig I see myself playing. Dunno why, just do.

Crazy 3rd person expirence, is when you're sleeping, and you see yourself sleeping, but at the same time you know it's not a dream. Then you wake up (while still in 3rd person) and then suddenly you're back into yourself, but your eyes are open and pratically fully awake. That was a scary morning. Especially when the time on the clock was dead on!

Ray

6. weird.... just plain weird...

YET COOL AT THE SAME TIME!

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm freakin' out maaaan! :D

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Yes, I get this feeling quite often.

Thank you Vicodin.

9. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I've had that happen a few times. I think its really cool when you just lose yourself in the music and play. Whatever happens happens and most of the time something pretty cool comes out of it.