I Think I Just Meditated.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Tames, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    I was just sitting here in my practice room and it was purely silent except for the whirr of the computer fan, but eventually that got zoned out. I just had my jazz bass in my lap and was playing. I closed my eyes and slowly felt like I was getting more and more tired, completely conscious and aware exactly what I was playing but I felt like I couldn't move, besides my fingers. I don't know if I fell asleep or... what. It was crazy. I really liked it though.
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I've done that playing a C Maj scale stretched out my 6er...it was great.
  3. Know exactly what ya mean ;) .

'Cept when I do it, the tubes in my Mesa ain't the only thing that's glowin orange when heated up :cool: . Not to mention, that wonderful, wonderful aroma

...of tubes, of course ;)
  4. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I have done that once, It's a really cool feeling. I did it one day when I was very new to the bass and I picked it up and everything came together like I knew what I was doing. I got this weird float out of my body experience, and felt like I was looking at myself in a third person.

Has anyone else had this third person thing go on, because I talked to a couple other friends and they said they had it a couple times when they would gig.
  5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    In every gig I see myself playing. Dunno why, just do.

Crazy 3rd person expirence, is when you're sleeping, and you see yourself sleeping, but at the same time you know it's not a dream. Then you wake up (while still in 3rd person) and then suddenly you're back into yourself, but your eyes are open and pratically fully awake. That was a scary morning. Especially when the time on the clock was dead on!

6. weird.... just plain weird...

7. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm freakin' out maaaan! :D
  8. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Yes, I get this feeling quite often.

Thank you Vicodin.
  9. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I've had that happen a few times. I think its really cool when you just lose yourself in the music and play. Whatever happens happens and most of the time something pretty cool comes out of it.