1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Think I Like Most of All!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think I like my iPads more than anything I own. I feel naked without an iPad in a way I don't without a bass, books, or pocketknives, my other great hobbies or interests.

I have two iPads, an iPad 2 and an iPad Air. The Air is 32g and is my favorite. I just love tablet computers!

2. Spoken like a true 2014 pad-aholic.......:cool:

3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    I've been using an iPad for about a month since my home computer bit the dust. I like it and hate it all at the same time. I like that I can expand a picture or text to see it better, I hate the way the keyboard is laid out for getting to the numbers or symbols, and I absolutely can't stand the spelling auto correct. I find it changing words to what I never intended and I spend more time uncorrecting what it's supposedly corrected.

4. "Click" on the word that it autocorrected and it will give you the option of changing it back to what you typed.

lowsound

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I just love that the iPad allows me instant access to both information and entertainment in such a convenient package.

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I love the fact that I hate any Apple product.

:D

7. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Samsung.

Eric Perry likes this.
  8. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Not trying to be negative maybe someone could shed some light.

I don't get the point of any tablet it's too big to fit in your pocket but doesn't have the processing power of a computer. It's like the worse of both worlds.

embellisher and nukes_da_bass like this.
  9. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    I almost purchased the note I I I phablet a month ago. Then I dealt with the reality of how much I text one handed.
    So Galaxy 5 I is!

ImNotJoel likes this.
  10. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    That's nice.
    I recently got a tablet. I don't do much on it other than Candy Crush, Angry Birds, and world series of poker. I got it on a deal with a PC I bought. I use the PC mainly though. I like the bigger screen and regular keyboard.

11. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The tablet computer is great for browsing and e-mail. They are more portable than laptops, and if you get one with a data plan, you can get internet almost anywhere. I also love the larger screen for viewing videos.
    I also like them for quick research or accessing library materials.

12. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    For some it's good but I can browse do email and quick research on my phone. It can't fit in my pocket do it is nearly as portable as a laptop just more light.

When I'm in public I like to be aware so if I view anything it's not whole shows just quick videos so my phone does fine. When I'm home I got my tv.

If I need to do extensive work I can't do it on a touch screen and a tablet doesn't have the processing power of a computer.

What can a tablet do that a computer or phone can't do?

Not trying to start a debate I am more wondering if tablets have something different I just don't know about. Clearly people love them and the fact they're a hybrid of phone and computer.

13. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Tablets are convenient for me to carry because I can carry one in my briefcase for work, or my gigbag at church service or rehearsal.

14. Tablets are handy, but even the new high-end Sony Xperia Z2 that I just got is still less than 75% as useful as a real laptop. Mine is an expensive note-taking device (with a bluetooth keyboard) and something to watch burned movies on while sitting on airplanes.

15. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I love my ipad, too. It stores all of my music for playing at church (PDFs and a page turning pedal), allows easy access to email, music, netflix, amazon, eBay, Internet browsing, pandora radio and spotify. Right now I'm posting from said ipad while listening to LCD Soundsystem on Pandora. In another app I'm farting around on CL and in another window I am researching amazon prime.

Its half the size of the laptop sitting across the room from me, produces zero heat and windows isn't always bugging me and shutting my computer down for updates.

If I didn't need a computer for programming, running heavy software and occasionally resetting my phone, I wouldn't even have a laptop.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  16. ncapone

ncapone

Nov 17, 2010
    I just got an ipad for ebooks, since reading it on a computer was difficult. I love it! Don't use it for much else though.

17. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I like having my brain and the thoughts contained there in.

I feel that my thoughts are the real me. The inner reality that is mine and mine alone.

18. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    I like the strange delusions right before sleep.
    I think they are the secret truth.

DeathFromBelow likes this.
  19. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I no longer buy CDs at all. All of my music is on my iPad and iPhone. I also have a really nice tuning ap that is especially handy for detuning my four strings.