1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I think I might have found my next band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, May 10, 2006.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I've been without a band for a while. I played with some guys last night that had posted an ad on Craig's List looking for a bass player and I think it went quite well. Personalities, ages, musical interests and goals all seem to line up just right… I'm excited. My last band was my first "real band" and things didn't work out, I had to leave that band before we ever played out. So I'm still pretty inexperienced and my current goal is just to get with a band and play some shows. I'm quite sure that we can make that happen - soon!
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
    On a side note - I had posted a thread in amps ( http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247717 ) about the fact that these guys have an Ampeg bass rig at their rehearsal space… I wasn't sure if I should take my amp or play theirs (Ampeg is unfamiliar to me) …well, I ignored the very good advice in that thread and left my TE amp at home and just played through theirs. It only took a few seconds to figure out the controls enough to get playing and WOW! My Geddy Lee Jazz bass growled like I'd never heard before. What a sound! An SVT-4 through and Ampeg 4 x 10" …I think I might be developing a case of G.A.S. for an Ampeg rig. :)

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I played an Aria through an Ampeg amp (can't remember which model) + Ampeg 410 and I just couldn't believe the huge tones coming from that setup. It was just amazing! I can totally understand your GAS attack. :)

Congrats on your next band as well. I've only played in one band myself and that never made it out of the basement. :(

3. Congrats Matthew. I remember all of your frustrations a couple years ago, selling your gear, and quitting altogether. Good luck!!!

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Wow, good memory! I had almost forgotten about that... I did have a short period of being a cry baby. :bawl: I'm glad that I didn't completely give up just because I hit a rough spot in the road...
    :)

5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    See what happens when you start spelling truly correctly? (j/k :) )