i think i might want a fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by krazy_olie, Aug 15, 2004.

1. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Well i should be getting my second bass hopefully by the end of the year, and i'm looking in to getting a used fender jazz around £300-£400 the deluxe and highway 1 series seem a bit different and more appealing to me than standards, will these sell used for this price and are these recommended.
  2. Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002

I own a Fender Jazz Bass MIA Deluxe. It's a real beauty.
    - It plays everything!

I haven't tried any of the S1 models.

Hope you'll find, what your're looking for.
  3. The Deluxes sound very good. I also own the American model which has similar electronics, and I've played both. The sound is similar to the American model, which is definitely a plus. The Highway 1 is supposedly made in the US using Mexican parts, or something. Generally not as good as the American series, but could be a step up from the standards as well. I'd suggest the deluxe because active electronics in a Jazz bass make for a very versatile bass.
  4. Sorry If this tread got hijacked :( But I just ordered an american deluxe fmt jazz. I'm :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: untill it comes, I played one that was spoken for at MAE in lauderdale and OMG was the tone great!!!! Ive had 2 passive fender jazz, but this one is really really great!!!! I could not belive the range of tones that it could produce. Was considering an american Lakland at over twice the price, But just had to go back to fender.