1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i think i might want a fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by krazy_olie, Aug 15, 2004.

1. krazy_olie

krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Well i should be getting my second bass hopefully by the end of the year, and i'm looking in to getting a used fender jazz around £300-£400 the deluxe and highway 1 series seem a bit different and more appealing to me than standards, will these sell used for this price and are these recommended.

2. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi,

I own a Fender Jazz Bass MIA Deluxe. It's a real beauty.
    - It plays everything!

I haven't tried any of the S1 models.

Hope you'll find, what your're looking for.

3. The Deluxes sound very good. I also own the American model which has similar electronics, and I've played both. The sound is similar to the American model, which is definitely a plus. The Highway 1 is supposedly made in the US using Mexican parts, or something. Generally not as good as the American series, but could be a step up from the standards as well. I'd suggest the deluxe because active electronics in a Jazz bass make for a very versatile bass.

4. Sorry If this tread got hijacked :( But I just ordered an american deluxe fmt jazz. I'm :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: untill it comes, I played one that was spoken for at MAE in lauderdale and OMG was the tone great!!!! Ive had 2 passive fender jazz, but this one is really really great!!!! I could not belive the range of tones that it could produce. Was considering an american Lakland at over twice the price, But just had to go back to fender.