1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think I want to "stack-knob" my Geddy

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Spinal Tapper, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
  2. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    not crap, but expensive... although those knobs alone are pretty expensive...

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I've done this twice. Both with a prewired stack knob plate and one like yours. You can get a wiring diagram from the Fender site if you need it.

You should be able to use the stock pickups with it, no problem.

Personally I prefer the added control I get with the stack knobs.

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I didn't think $70 is that expensive...for a custom control plate? Doesn't seem like that much...

5. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    A stack-knob control plate will work with your existing pickups. You'll need some familiarity with the soldering iron, obviously. I am not familiar with that ebay seller, but you can order a totally pre-wired stack knob harness from Stan at HAS Sound (www.has-sound.com). He is a very reputable seller and all you'd need to do is solder the pickup leads and bridge ground.

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Do you think the control plate will be a direct fit for the Geddy? I know it's modeled after a 70's Jazz and a stack knob is from the 62 RI...