Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think I'm gas free!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cephas45, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Well, I'm down to 3 basses right now, and I think I've finally found the combination of instruments that does it for me in every department. Would I like to have some other things? Sure, but I think I've finally found what works for me and what I actually 'need'. :) Who else has finally found what they're looking for?

Here's a very bad pic, sorry for the poor camera:

[​IMG]

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's a nice variety of basses right there.

3. yes, they are tonally diverse, and cover anything i would need musically. i've gone through about 8 different instruments in the last 2 years in search of what these have. if i were to let gas get the better of me, i would most likely have a fretted and fretless F BN6 here also. :eek: i must exercise control though. :)

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Real nice there, cephas. ;) GAS free is a great feeling.

I haven't played a BN6 but the BN5 is KILLER.

5. i know it, they're nice. a local shop here has a BN5 and a Studio model in stock, and I must say they are both awesome. the studio model is a little more old school sounding it seems, which can be a good thing i think. the BN5 is right up my alley though.

what's the deal Jerry? this thread was supposed to be about me being gas free and you go and make me start talking about the F basses i want! :eek: ;)

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    :D I'm evil, huh?

I really think that there should be a 12-step program for GAS. And this board sure makes it tough to ever be completely free of this illness.

7. That is a nice stable you've got there, cephas45. ;)

No one is ever G.A.S. free.

No one. :p

Mike :D

8. GAS free = DENIAL

9. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I agree with the above. You THINK you are GAS free but its actually a state of delusion. Nice basses for sure! :cool: :bassist:

10. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm feeling a bit gas free this week myself:

F Bass BNF 5

Wal Pro II fretless...

11. No one is ever GAS free, it's for ever. Like herpes.:rolleyes: ;)

12. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    that picture is giving me gas.

then again i did just get back from tacobell...:p

13. Oh man. Taco Bell. Great stuff, and yet terrible at the same time. I can't get enough of that sh**!!

14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Oh and BTW nice avatar Kaz ;)
    (is taht your third eye? :D ;) )

16. MonkForHire

MonkForHire

Oct 5, 2003
    Hey guys, I'm actually new to the site and i was wondering, what is this "GAS" you speak of? I assume it's some sort of bass lust or something like that but i might be mistaken...

17. Gear Acquisition Syndrome

18. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    funny turn this thread is taking!
    You have an excellent trio there, sir. Fine assortment indeed. But you know we couldn't let one of our own escape the clutches of GASdom.

An F would certainly fit right in there...or a custom perhaps?

Anywho, nice basses! I could tell from your pic that when I looked at the location, it would say FL. That looks like my back porch when I was growing up in Homestead.

19. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Nice work mike! I got a 6 string in the works now, and after that I should be a free man. Either that, or it will create a world of problems ;)

20. i think these basses just cover all of the music i'm into. i've wanted a lakland 5594 for at least a couple of years, and it never worked out for me. its great for just about everything. the smith is nice for blues, jazz, r&b, and the buzz is just a nice smooth sounding fretless.

i'm actually just southwest of west palm beach btw, maybe a couple of hours north of homestead?