I think I'm having a bad day

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    An hour and a half into the first part of a double shift, all hell breaks loose. I was only able to get an hour of sleep before getting up at midnight and heading out on my hour and a half commute to come work this hoot owl / day double. I think my boss is going to be PO'ed when he gets in later this morning, and if so I'm going to tell him 'good - I'm pretty PO'ed to' - If I get any crap about the fiasco that this morning has been I'm not going to hear it - I'll tell him to just put me out of my misery and fire me or shut up about it. Damn. This was supposed to be easy, I'd planned on napping - not happening and I'm getting a severe headache. Only 12 hours 'till quitting time.
  2. "Umm, yeah. I'm going to need you to come in extra early tomorrow. Great. Thanks."

Feel better Matty.
  3. Eeesh. Good luck with that one.

Lemmie axe ya: who is the onus of this fiasco? If not you, you absolutely should not have to bear an earful.

But remember, cooler heads prevail. Bring yer boss up on harrassment charges. :bassist:
  4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Aawww…. yawn, stretch... That was the best nap EVER!
    …but today still sucks.

Well, I was supposed to be the boss here on this one. (the only guy from managaement on this shift) So, when there is a problem - I'm supposed to fix it. No mattter what. The operation was taking place at a brand new location, not my regular location - new building and I'm not familiar with it. There was inadaquate lighting, preventing proper operations… So half assed operations ensued.
  5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I just found out who to blame. It turns out that the security guards had noticed that these lights were not working yesterday and they did inform another superintendant here - the guy who usually covers this shift. He was supposed to have told me everything that I needed to know yesterday, but he didn't tell me that :mad: ...I guess he wasn't informed untill 5:15 last night and I was gone at 4:30 - but I'm on my cell until 7:00, he could have left me a note, a voice mail, an email, a freakin message in a bottle... had I known at 2:00 AM when I got here, I would have relocated the operation to avoid this. But as it is, we didn't loose production or stand by (that's the worst thing that can happen - down time is expensive) we just had some incomplete documentation, but the regular Sup. said that it is no big deal... He doesn't think that the big boss will be mad (I would be - I found it unacceptable) Oh, well. I probbaly don't get to tell off a PO'd boss after all. Shucks.
    Why must I always be given "the mushroom treatment"?
    (ya know, when the keep you in the dark and feed you B.S.)
  6. Hahahaha! Welcome to my life. v:O)
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Uh, Nick - can you please remove your hand from there? Thanks.
  9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    All I have to say in regards to my terrible morning - thank God for reclining bucket seats and cell phones with alarm clocks and loud ring tones. :p
    …and thank God my labor force will respond to idle passive aggressive threats. :eyebrow: