Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i think I'm in love

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 26, 2004.

1. I tried out a Goliath 3 jr and a Son of Bertha in Nashville and really loved the sound....and those things sell REALLY cheap used...so I think over the next several months I'm gonna buy (4) Jr's and (2) SofB's

mmmm portable 810/215 :bassist:

2. Hmmm.... The tubiness of tubes with SWR's hi-fi modern sound. Should be interesting. What head did you use them with? HOLD ON, 4 Jr's???!!!

EDIT: I forgot Juniors are the 2x10's. Ooops. :D

3. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I used to play that Cirrus 6 thru an Ampeg SVT Pro3 and a Goliath Jr. 2x10 and a Workingmans 15 and it sounded excellent :)

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've thought about running 4 8ohm cabs from my Traynor, that would be insanely sweet. But way too big and expensive and a huge pain in the rear to transport a pair of 15's and a pair of 4x10's. That's why it's dream for when I have roadies hahaha

5. well it'd be hauling (4) 55 lb cabs and (2) 60 lb cabs

My plan is to run the traynor with a Stewart Poweramp via (pre out) on the amp or (power in)...that way I could run...

Traynor- 2 (8ohm) jr's
    amp ch 1- 2 (8ohm) jr's
    amp ch 2- 2 (8ohm) sob's

should be FATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT DADDY!

I think I'm gonna start out with 2 jr's and a Sob...then as I get more money add onto it...this way I will be prepared for ANY size gig or practice

6. I think I'm gonna start out with 2 jr's and a Sob...then as I get more money add onto it...this way I will be prepared for ANY size gig or practice[/QUOTE]

That should sound sweet ! I've been using 2 jr's and one sob...awesome rig. I've tried it at home with the Sunn 300T...amazing tone. I'm looking for another jr, anyone want to trade for an Aguilar GS212?

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but...don't run the Traynor as a preamp only. Keep at least one cabinet (or 2 like you posted) at all times. Like I said, I'm sure you're aware of this. Cool rig !

7. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    It's kind of costly just the one few features, but have you considered adding an Avalon U5 DI to that rig? That way instead of running out of the Traynor preamp to your Stewart, you run out of a speaker out into the U5, which can "tap" off the power it needs to feed a DI line level signal to your Stewart. That way you get the power tube compression happening tone wise going out to your power amp. It's my newest toy and that feature alone made it worth it.

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    You say 4 210s and 2 115s?

:eyebrow:

While its okay to dream, but I dont think you will need all that anytime soon. One or two 210 and a 115 will be way enough for most of the situations. What you wrote above is just pure overkill.
    Just my $0.02