1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I think I'm in love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doctor J, May 12, 2006.

1. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Has anyone played a Bacchus bass from Japan? I was just having a sniff around some of the Japanese retailers sites and stumbled across this thing of absolute beauty.

Oh GAS demon won't you give me a minute's peace? My missus will kill me :meh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
  3. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    They sure are. I'm so tempted to get one of these... must... fight... GAS... :bag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    Where can you buy them from? I couldn't find a link on the site to any dealers...

5. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    I found this place so far, just waiting for a mail about shipping. Of course, it is heading into night over there so it'll probably be tomorrow before I hear anything.

6. You know, something just doesn't seem right about a trad-Fender-style bass with an Alembic/Warwick-style bridge, but I suppose that's how it goes. That trans-white fiver is pretty sexy, to be sure.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    They used to have a dealer in Brooklyn, NY. There was also a used 5'er @ BassCentral at one time. They may still have it.

8. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    To alleviate your GAS - check the string spacing. Seems like it is too narrow for you..

9. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    The traditional jazz shape w/the chrome pickup cover, with that tune-o-matic sorta bridge is pretty neat.

10. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    18mm according to Gotohs site, I checked :smug:

11. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    anyone got a price on any of those? I'm not up on my Japanese here lately.....

12. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I WANT ONE !!! matching ASH headstock? holy crap!
    is it possible? or would shipping to my country be $200?

13. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    I'm guessing it'll be over 100 euros to here, so around $150 or so? Still, there's a second hand one in Ishibashi's Ubox which would work out at about a grand to get to here, including shipping and taxes, which is a pretty rocking price for a hand made bass of that quality.

14. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i almost thought it was an Atelier Z until i saw that bridge. i like the clear pickguard.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have never heard of them before. From what I have seen of the Japenese builders it seems that Blocks and Binding are very popular over there.

16. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    What pickups are those?

17. that looks like sex :)

18. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Wow! A bass that matches my junru! And it's pretty, too.

19. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    now those are gorgeous J basses. i love the use of the two piece bridge also. :)

20. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Me too, only I think it comes too close to the edge of the body, at least on the J's. On the upper part, I mean - above the strap button. It looks cluttered to me, especially with the binding. Still, nothing that couldn't be easily ignored through, say, a healthy discount or an additional free bass thrown in the deal. We're not animale ;)