Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think I'm in love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wushuguy, Mar 5, 2003.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Nice bass, but I don't think I coudl ever get myself to pay that much for a SC, or nay bass for that matter, lol.

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Different strokes for different folks I guess...that to me is incredibly cheap if it's what you really want.

If you can afford it wushuguy go for it! :)

3. I'd take about any Elrick, SC or DC. That one is quite awesome though. I think I'll just add that to my GAS list.

jtbp

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Ehh...it's allright.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Sweet bass. If it goes unbid, I bet you could call their store and negociate the price down.

6. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    Thats that rare type of bass that someone will probably buy at that price. Good bass, give that store a call...

My friend, there are more fish in the sea (better? not sure)

7. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I used to think that singlecuts looked awful. The more I see them now, the more I like them. That one is cosmetically just what I want in a bass. I've never played an Elrick, but the ones I've heard sound beautiful.

Unfortunately, I'm poor at the moment and that bass is way out of my price range. I'm not entirely sure I could justify buying one of those at my current playing level either. I've messed around on guitar for a while (not very seriously), but have only been playing bass for a couple of months now (very seriously :D ). Maybe after a couple more years of playing under my belt. :bassist:

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I tottally hear ya. I'm sort of the bargain hunter type. I can honestly say that unless I got some kind of record label and became huge, I would be perfectly happy with a Czech made spector or a warmoth gecko. If I can get a real nice sound I like for under $1500, I se no reason to go higher, lol. This will probably all change in a few years and I'll get GAS for some custom fodera or something, lol! A guy like you with a third fodera on teh way kind of boggles my mind:eek: :)

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I'm diggin' this Elrick Gold Standard 7 more and more. Talk about light. And, man, it's rings like a bell on top. Nice solid low end, too. I'm an Elrick fan.

[​IMG]

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...as much as I like the Elrick...I'm gonna have to agree with Zulu here on this one!

:D

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I'm an Elrick Lover myself.. I noticed that SC the other day.. and I wanted it.. Unfortunately, I don't have the money for any new basses right now.. I would have bought it in a heart beat if i did. Elricks are great basses... I love mine

12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Man's got priorities!!!

13. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    "Ugh", as in ugh, thats one sexy looking bass?? :D

14. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest