I think i'm obsessed with Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassis_fiendus, Oct 25, 2002.

1. At the moment i think i am obsessed with Warwick basses, but i have heard around the forums that the new basses aren't as good quality as the old ones. Also seeing as none of the music catalogues i have have Warwick basses(damn australian music stores) i was wondering if anyone could give me prices on Warwick Streamers LX and Stage 2 varieties.

Bassis Fiendus
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. do have any opinion on Warwick or your just passing on some helpful information?
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    dunno if i can help, but here's my story with Warwick.

i grew up as bassist with basses like Rickenbacker 4001 and Fender Precision. i played them for 10 years. then i started experimentig with other more modern basses.

ended with a thing for the Warwick Thumb. tried a lot an felt in love with the dark sounds of this bass. but was not that confortable plying the Thumb. so i started fooling around and ended buying my first Warwick, a Stremer Jazzman which i think is a great bass by the way, not the usual Warwick but a nice one.

i started hating and ignoring them and i ended buying one a wanting another, i still ove the thumb and when i'll find a good one in the used market....
  5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Obsession is probably an good work to use, because most obessions turn into love-hate relationships. I think most people have those with Warwicks.

I have a Streamer LX fretless six string. It is beautiful, sounds wonderful and plays amazingly easy.

It is also as heavy as a boat anchor, difficult to set up, fickle in the weather and the neck dive is awful.

All that being said, I haven't ran upon many fretless basses I would trade it for.

6. can i just ask how is it fickle in the weather
    and also how much you paid for it?
  7. does anyone have any more input of Warwick Streamers, i'm thinking of selling my cheap ass ibanez so i can get one, want a five, but i would like prices.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  9. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    lx models is about 2.000 or more. Streamer stage 2 is 3 500
  10. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    alot of people seem obsessed with Warwick basses these days

I am not sure they deserve all the hype they get, but they are pretty decent basses

jmho but for the $$ a Warwick costs you could get into (imho) a nicer bass with a Custom Shop Fender or an Elrick, either used or in some cases new
  11. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Check out ebay. You can find some decent prices on Warwicks there.
    I got my Thumb from Ebay and love it. I had wanted a Warwick for a long time. There is just something "sexy" about them. Love the tone.
    Ran across a used Thumb on ebay, couldnt pass it up at the price I got it for.
  12. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    If you live in Sidney area , you may call 98889886, Mr. Phillips, he has few old stock left including Amps, prices really low.