1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think it is time I accepted the fact...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ...that I am a hopeless MXR Fanboi. :atoz:

I know it's nothing to be ashamed of, but since I started playing bass I've been GASing for more than a few MXR effects, like the phase 100, Blowtorch, M-80, and Bass Octave deluxe (Also a Carbon Copy, Bass Auto Q and an Equalizer...) If they made a tuner, I'd buy that, too.

Am I alone in my shameful predicament? Probably not, but I am now determined to have an almost-all MXR Board by 2010.

There. My secret is out.

2. Atomickurd

Atomickurd

Jun 9, 2008
    I had the same thing with Electro Harmonix but I got thru it...
    good luck man!

still I got to ask
    Why MXR?

3. Same! I always thought id have a fully EHX board, but i've only got a big muff! Small stone would be nice tho:)

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Blue Box!

5. I'm addicted to boss, but am branching out, as other companies do things better- ie: envelope filter- boss doesn't have a good envelope filter. Also- synth- boss' synth is not very good apparently.

6. After my months of experimenting, I've found thier effects to be excellent value for the dollar. Plus I love the way they sound.

7. We're in the same boat, brotha. I have the M-80, and I love it! I've used it for many recordings and always use it live. I'd love to have the Auto-Q too (but I don't really want to get rid of my ashdown. Two e-f's for me, I guess).

8. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    MXR makes good stuff when they really try.

9. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    You are not alone...MXR (IMO) makes great stuff...

EDIT: One thing I have found with MXR pedals almost across the board is that they are "quiet"...I like that...

10. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Except some Dyna-comps. :ninja:

11. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I don't think it's unusual to have a love affair with a certain company in your pedal travels. Roll with it, but don't close your ears off to other sounds and try to stay out of conversations where people are looking for objective advise.

grygrx <- D*A*M FanBoi

12. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    well yeah, agreed...

13. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I've only had two MXR pedals make it to my board (Blowtorch, Bass Auto Q) and both were promptly removed for being too polite.

The Bass Octave Deluxe seems like it might break that tradition, but I won't be selling my OC-2 to fund it, let's put it that way.

14. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    +1.

15. +1 - I long ago came to terms with the fact that I am a dyed in the wool EHX fanboi

Half of my board is EHX (in terms of pedal footprint, its more like 3/4ths :smug: ) and I still GAS for more.

MXR always seemed solid, if unspectacular, to me, whereas I always liked that EHX pedals go that extra inch into frickin crazy when you crank 'em

16. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    mxr has great sized pedals. i would like to see like a bass wah jr. or something though. i dont know why they havnt made a smaller wah.

17. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    one complaint on MXR is the placement of the power input jack on the small pedals like the phase 90, carbon copy, etc...by the side by the 1/4 input...I wish it were on top (like on the flanger, chorus, auto Q, etc...)...

18. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
    I Had the Same Thin with MXR I had a Blowtorch, Stereo Chorus, and phase 90. Now I'm on the EHX Front. I don't have a single MXR pedal now. but I do love the bass octave. I had the BlowTorch but didn't like it so I got a fulltone bass drive and LOVE this pedal. the stereo chorus Is Awesome I love it and really good for bass.

19. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    hi. my name is chris, and i am an mxr fanboi

20. I've been an EHX fanboy but that is largely because I'm trying to have an all built in USA board. That pretty much leaves EHX, Tech 21, Old DOD, and Boooootique. For the price, the EHX usually has the most bang. Although Pro Guitar Shop has a showroom in Portland now so I could see myself stimulating the economy soon.