1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think it's time for a new computer :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sean S, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Yeah. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and tonight while chatting on Skype with my friends, it started freezing up. I was only able to shut it off by holding the power button, but then it wouldn't start again (even the Mac "chime" at power-on). I've been having issues with it for the past year and a half (out of the 2 years I've had it) probably all stemming from when it was dropped and pseudo-repaired (runs, but not very well i.e. it overheats an lately the HDD has been "ticking" occasionally).

My friend is selling his HP Pavilion, and offered it for $600 (Can). Being the computer science nerd that he is, he's offered to put whatever I want on it (OS wise). I've also seen and used it, and can say I'd be cool having one.
    Here's a link..

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Ehm, I'm no computer nerd, but the basic advice about anything non printer HP is...

STAY AWAY!

3. Well, I know several people who have one, and they seem to hold up pretty well. Also, my friend being a CS nerd, he knows his stuff. I know this because I lived with him for a year and a half, and if it stuck with him then, well, I trust it holds up.