Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think iv sucked myself into a hole

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by greenbassfreak, Jan 7, 2004.

1. This next few months is gonna be really fun I have Jazz Band before school wresting after till four then teaching a wall climbing class at 4:15 at another place plus Im playing the Bass, finding a drumer, possibly pre recording some other stuff for the Jazz choir which i dont know how im going to fit in also playing for the concert choir and getting back together my band
    I have a feeling this is going to be intresting anybody else think so or have something like this going on?

-Sarah

2. Sounds like you've got a normal amount of stuff going on for a normal, socially active teenager.

I myself have a whole bunch of s*** going on at work, and all of it seems to be "my" problem.

3. The thing is it was all my choice why do i volunteer for things plus a weekend job

4. Hey, thats good to hear! Its better to stay busy doing things you enjoy rather than be stuck doing what I do (studying all the time and not getting any bass time in). So all in all, you have a healthy-business going for you!:D

5. Yep, I know what you're going through... the key is only to sleep about one night a week.

I have college, a part time job, and I'm in three bands right now... It's awfully rare that I get a night at home. I basically manage 2 of the 3 bands too which takes up even more time than the actual playing.

My typical day: Wake up ~9am for school or work depending on the day, have an hour or two off, then band practice that goes until between 10pm and midnight. Come home and figure out how to effectively promote shows, or head to a local music club to catch a show. I definitely have way too much on the go at one time, but I can't seem to stop myself.