1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think I've been shafted by a fellow TB'er. This sucks.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gismo, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    Not cool man. I bought a DTR-1000 tuner last Monday (02/11), I paid him via paypal immediately after he sent me his e-mail. That Wed, he tells me that the e-mail was wrong and to send it to the right one. I did just that. Friday comes along and he finally get back to me to telling me that he'll send it out Monday (02/18) via USPS priority. So here I am today, no tuner and he hasn't responded since Friday. Monday was a holiday, even if he sent it out Tuesday, it would have been here yesterday.

Why would you shaft a fellow musician? Especially on TB man? I want to retract the paypal payment? What should I do here guys?

2. Give it a few more days, USPS can occasionally take (a lot) longer than expected. Then inform him you're going to retract the paypal before you do it. If it is a scam, he might just give in and send your monies back instead of dealing with the potential legal hassles.

3. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Give it two more days. Do you have a phone number? If so, call.

If by mid next week you haven't heard from him, file a Paypal complaint. That's what Paypal is for. That is, if you qualified for buyer protection.

Sometimes sellers are not on top of things and delay shipment, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are fraudulent.

Be positive.

4. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    That sounds good. I figured he would want to avoid the potential wrath of fellow Tb'ers, that's why I'm waiting patiently.

5. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    USPS does take longer on ocassions......I've been waiting for 8 days for my new checks and they still aren't here!!

6. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Ask if he has a shipping reciept. They don't call it snail mail for nothing.

If he really mailed it to the correct address, you will get it, it could take 4 weeks, but it will come.

7. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    Well, I've sent him two messages this week and he hasn't responded. I can't get the tracking #. I could understand if it were first class or media mail but he said he'd send it priority, which takes 2-3 days anywhere in the CONUS. If he would respond to any of my messages I would be more at ease.

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Yeah, it takes a long time to deliver over 500k pieces of mail a day.

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Closing thread. This needs to be kept in feedback. Nothing extreme about this, this is what the feedback system was designed to handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.