1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think my Fretless build is done...for now

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I just got around to installing the Black Hipshot LIC. Tuners and string retainers. I originally had Squier tuners and chrome retainers.
    At this point, the only Squier components left in it are the Body, neck plate and control plate.
    I would like to, at some point, get a Warmoth Ash body for it.

A863FEBD-E390-4BC3-A0AA-442A43AA8822.jpeg

78C25B13-AE13-4F8D-98F7-36C30A7BF06C.jpeg

The Hipshot tuners are about 3oz lighter than the Squier tuners overall (all 5)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    You are aware that once you swap the body it's no longer the same guitar, right?

Rabidhamster likes this.
  3. Ok...
    Once I swapped the neck it was no longer the same guitar...
    Is that a bad thing?

4. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    As long as it's only one part (or set of parts... Like tuners or pickups) it's ostensibly the same bass but with a new part/s. If you swap out everything it's no longer the same bass you bought originally... Theseus.

dmt likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021