Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think my input died on my MIM J :/

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, May 5, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Today, my bass wouldn't play out of my amp. I was like "hmm", I took the cable out and touched it's plug against the strings and my amp reproduced the "eeerra zaaaa" sound, so I knew it was my bass. I bought cheap cables, and they always cause the little thing around the input to get loose. But I'm pretty sure the input is broken, or somehting is. Any idea how to fix it, or what may be wrong if I am mistaken?

2. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    It's not making any sound at all, so yes, it probably is totally dead. And I am a complete electronics newbie, the biggest thing I have doen is installing a video card into my computer. I have no idea how to even "open" my bass up.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Imput jacks die fairly often. Get a Switchcraft jack installed at a shop; should cost you very little.