I think my neighbor has gone bonkers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Feb 18, 2009.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    So I let the dog out into my yard to go to the bathroom just now and I've been wondering whats been taking him so long. So I go outside to go check on him and make sure he's not dead and I see he's eating something. I tell him to bring it here and drop it, and he does. Its a crab cake.

There are crab cakes all over my yard, probably about a dozen or so.

What the hell?

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Free food, thank god!

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    In other news, aka while I was watching the news, I just learned that recently a truck filled with hamburger patties crashed, spilling 40,000 pounds of frozen hamburger over the black top. And a beer truck overturned not too far from there.

Maybe this is an omen?

Why couldn't I get bacon? I don't even like crab cakes...

4. Those truck crashes were right near my house. I wish I had known about them, I'd have helped myself to a free lunch.

5. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    They may be poison crab cakes. Dont let the dog eat them.

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    the only really relevant question here is - is she hot?

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I think that they tell you not to feed your doggy sea food when you adopt one. Then again, they put everything on that list but dog food, even alcohol! Then again, my Patches loves a stiff bourbon.

8. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Perhaps you could request a different entree? Does he have a menu you could peruse for a few minutes?

9. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    :eek:

:bawl:

A moment of silence please.:atoz:

10. jokn388

jokn388

Apr 11, 2007
    Of course any crab cake making it up to NY is going to taste horrible. Come down to Maryland and get a fresh one. Crab cakes are God's gift to man. The bacon meme is pretty cute, but crab is far superior.

The more you know...

11. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    So, he only ate one? Musta been really awful crab cakes. (Not that they're pretty much awful to begin with. Why would a person do something like that with such a lovely thing as crab? Why not just eat it right out of the shell, like God intended? Or put it in gumbo!)

My neighbors are bonkers, but in a different way. Every time they let their dogs out, and the dogs behave, you know, like dogs, and try to play with my dogs, the humans FREAK OUT!!! They scream at the top of their lungs at their animals, cuss them, grab them and drag them inside.

For trying to play with my dogs. We have no leash or fence laws out here. What did these people expect? If they'll just frakkin' *relax* and let the dogs get acquainted, they'd be better off.

The neighbor dogs' names are Austin and April. So it always sounds like they're screaming at kids. Weird. Very, very weird.

Cherie

12. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Right out of the shell is good, but a high-quality Maryland crab cake will change your mind. PM me when you're in town! :D

13. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Okie-dokie. Its gonna take a *really* good crab cake to convince me, so gimme yer best!

Cherie ;)

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    well, crab cakes are way better than a bunch of crotch crickets hopping around in yer yard or manscaping

15. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Your neighbor most likely had a slew of crab cakes in their fridge that were getting to be of dubious age. Then they elected to toss them over the fence and let the dog eat 'em in lieu of pitching them. I used to do this with my old neighbor's dog although with lunch meat. I took to refering to the dog as "turkey dog" because more often than not he got fed left over sliced turkey that was a little older than I felt comfortable eating. Now my own dog, Mia, gets that privilege.

I doubt that the crab cakes are poison. After all, if your neighbor wanted to posion your dog, there are much more cost effective methods of accompliching that. I mean, dogs'll eat anything and there are hot dogs which are far cheaper than crab cakes.

16. blueskid

blueskid

Sep 11, 2006
    washington, dc
    i think we should have a crab cake gtg!! if want cherie, we can wait until you make it up here, or we can just have another.

i know my neighbor is crazy, however, it's been days since i've seen any traces of him at all. and being that he is a junkie in his late 60's early 70's i'm afraid he might be dead. i go through this about every other month. then somehow he appears...
    the good thing is that he has stopped driving his cab, so we no longer see him nodding in his cab parked crooked and taking up two spaces in front of the house anymore...
    i hope grady is okay....

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

But, if life gives you crap, for the love of God please don't attempt to make a beverage out of it.

18. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    fixed.

19. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    maybe you have went bonkers and there were no crab cakes to begin with.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021