Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i think my truss rod needs a adjustment

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Lakini's Juice, Apr 16, 2001.

1. i play a carvin LB75F and i have noticed that it has developed quite a bow right around were the 7th fret starts (if you look from the body of the bass up towards the headstock). it goes upwards. i am probably not saying this right. but i think its messing up my sound. i dont think its the action, i have adjusted that and its high on the last fret but basicaly on the fretboard at the first couple frets. anyway, if you think i should get my truss rod adjusted do you think i should try this myself or have my local music store do it for me? i have a book that says how to do it, i have just not had to do this before.

2. BassDude24

BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    Carvin actually has and instruction manuel online that you can check out for doing this sort of thing, it generally works fairly well, but there is nothing like turning it into music store with experienced techs. they have been doing this kinda stuff a lot longer than you or I.

So I would try the online "do it yourself" and if you still are not happy then turn it in.