Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I think the Ashdown MAG-C210 may be the amp for me, opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phxlbrmpf, Mar 16, 2005.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I used to own a Tech Soundsystems G308 combo which was pretty much in the same league, except it was only equipped with a single 12 inch speaker. I loved its nice clean tone. When I needed more lows for my nu-metal-ish rock band and my guitarist's brutal guitar sound, I hooked it up to a 2x15 cab. Too bad I accidentally left the combo's internal speaker plugged in one time and in doing so went below the amp's minimum 4 ohms load and fried it. :p

What do you think of the amp? It seems to do pretty much exactly what I want and it's pleasantly cheap, too! I'm really considering getting one, and this time I won't leave the internal speaker plugged in when I connect it to my "thunder box", I promise. :p
    I like a nice clean sound with decent highs, partly out of personal preference and partly because a vintage-ish sound would go lost in our band sound. I don't really have to worry about lows as my Status Energy fiver has plenty. Opinions?

http://www.ashdownmusic.co.uk/bass/detail.asp?ID=78
    http://www.guitarcenter-cologne.de/beyers/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2005128

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    BUMP Bring Up My Post (messaging/BBSs)

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Ashdown gear is amazing and there isn't all that much difference between the Mag stuff and the high end ABM stuff.

If you like the tone of this amp go for it, I'm sure it will sounds great.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1 Ashdown is great, the MAG line is great, the tone i get from my amp setup is lovely. Im sure the ABM stuff is worth it for the better EQ and stuff but the general tone, all the same baby.