1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I think this band is a keeper!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by hernameisrio, Jun 29, 2012.

1. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Here's a happy band post after many woes with all the wrong people...

So I started playing bass a few weeks ago with this electronic/dark wave band featuring a female vocalist, synth/drum machine, and a drummer (we're looking for a guitarist!). We're still kinda in the writing phase of things, but we're starting to nail down a pretty solid setlist and everybody contributes equally to the songs. We're all on the same page musically, we're all pretty much at the same skill level, we've dealt very well with various schedule clashes and logistical issues regarding rehearsal, and three out of four of us have similar hairstyles! So I guess it's meant to be? :D

Better yet, I'm the only straight one in the band so I don't have to worry about some creepy, neurotic frontman hitting on me in ways that would put any Todd Solondz film to shame. We all get along well and the coolest thing is that the lead singer is friends with a couple of MY friends from high school...so it feels like we already go way back. Also, instead of me answering an ad, THEY asked ME!

So, yeah. Hopefully things will continue to be awesome!

2. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    And you play a Cirrus. I want to be YOU. :bag:

In all seriousness, congrats! That's pretty much my ideal configuration, so I hope it yields a lot of success!

3. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Ha ha, thanks...yeah, the Cirrus was a major stroke of luck. I had a brief window of time where I could actually afford it and happened to win the auction. I LOVE it! <3

4. There's NOTHING like finding a good mix of like-minded freaks to jam with. I recently stumbled into a developing gig that promises much the same for me. Congrats!

5. Pics or no matching hairstyles.

6. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Glad for ya, pal. I got a new thang going, too, that feels good so far. Second rehearsal is tomorrow.

7. Congrats! I'm in a band with people I've known a long time and it just feels right!

8. can you give me an example of this type of music?

"electronic/dark wave"