I think this was some kinda sign

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Ok , last night, me and my girlfriend went out for dinner on the piers. Weve been dating for about a year and she was always talkin bout marriage. So , I was gonna propose . Like a moment before I could ask , she said " Nick , we need to talk, I think we should see other people" I was shocked for a second, then started laughing hysterically. She kept asking what was so funny, then eventually got up and left in anger. And to think , the whole way there I was sweatin bullets thinking " Why am I gonna do this, I dont wanna get married". So Im thinkin this is a sign not to get married, or maybe its a sign not to buy a cheap ring next time. hahaha
  2. Eh, I'm not sure whether to offer congrats or commisserations. Congrisserations man.
  3. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I don't know if its a sign not to get married, but its certainly a sign not to marry that particular lady. When you find the right one, there won't be any doubts like you were having - good luck!
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Plus one...
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Uh...yeah...I think when someone breaks up then that's probably a good indicator that it's not time to propose.

That's pretty crazy though...you seem cool about it...are you really? Do you feel relieved?

brad cook

6. YES!!!! I didnt really wanna marry her anyway, but it was kinda one of those things where she mentioned marriage and how so and so is getting married, and I was kinda pussy whipped too so........ But Im single again, takin the ring back the the jewelers and gettin my 60$ back :D Thats right , Im a cheapo muwhahahaha :D :D :D

Now im just gonna focus on scorin tail. ;)
  7. Oh good! Congrats then!
  8. Haha, reading of how things work out for some people like this is so rock and roll.
  9. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    When it is right, you will know it. This obviously wasn't right and part of you knew it.
  10. I'm just glad you're fine about it. Alls well that ends well. Any girl that can go from mentioning marriage to breaking up with you obviously has issues. You don't need to marry someone who is that fickle. Now, go forth and enjoy the pleasures of the life.

11. I travelled 200 miles once to propose to a girlfriend, only to find out when I got there that she was out with someone else.
    I was secretly relieved though, because deep down I knew that I wasn't really doing this because I loved her, but because I was just so fed up with being lonely!
    I think it was a sign and went back home determined not to marry the wrong girl.
    I never had any trouble getting girlfriends, but I did have trouble finding someone compatible enough to want to spend the rest of my life with.
    I eventually did meet the right one for me and have now been happily married for 32 years.
    My advice - When you are fed up with the superficiality of one night stands, make very sure of mutual compatibility and committment, then go for it. :)
  12. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    you're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D
  13. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    A Sign? Don't be so spiritual.
  14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Damn, if you proposed to me with a $60 ring, I'd have thrown you off the pier. I'd still marry you though. Unless you were poor, in which case I'd hug you. And then say yes.
  15. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    He is a musician, you know. $60 may be, like, a couple month's wages for his out of his bar band.
  16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    now wouldn't it suck if she only said that to him because she thought he would never ask to marry
  17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Well, that's the second situation then.
  18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I'm free to do what I want...any old time!

Seriously, if you laughed at her suggestion without telling her why, she may call you out of the blue and ask why you did. You can tell her then. I would love to hear/see that moment.

Will you tell us if that happens?

19. She came by to get her stuff outta my apartment this morning. She was crying saying that we could still be friends. At first i wasnt gonna say anything, but the devil on my shoulder took control and i said " Friends?? I only dated you for your candy ass, not your lesbo-bitch attitude" . To which she ran out with her stuff crying and I sat down to eat some wheaties.
  20. I would cry if you said that to me.