1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I thought I'd never do it...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by addylewis, Apr 12, 2006.

1. A while ago I posted this poll...

My paypal account has been frozen for a couple months, and I just got it working again, so I thought I'd celebrate - bought one of the Behringer Sansamp copies!

Only just bought it...should be here tomorrow hopefully - I'll let ya know what I reckon to it!

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Glad to hear. I find them to sound surprisingly good considering the cheap components.

I like my Muff clone, but it's not quite the real thing.

3. cool - I'll let ya know more tomorrow!

4. It arrived today - NICE!

The actual footswitch itself IS a bit flimsy (I can see what people meant...but if your careful with it and don't stamp on it with anger it'll be fine!) Great SVT sound, the other presets are a bit so-so, but not TOO bad.

Can't get the sound I've been after (god...IF ONLY IT HAD MID CONTROLS!) I've found a nice one with a little more distortion than I wanted, it'll do.

I'd have no problems connecting it to the P.A. if my amp went down at a gig - it gives out a PROPER sound.

It beats my Soundlab D.I. box hands down, but I don't think its QUITE as good as the pod (thats got mid controls...) - aside from that its a great pedal which'd be good for a basic "good" sound live or in the studio, just with not enough control over the tone.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I suggested this to fourstringbliss (I think...):

Use the acoustic DI to shape your basic sound (it's got a shiftable mid!), with blend to 0 so there's no tube emualtion. Then, either run that into the BDI or run the BDI into it (most likely the better option, to EQ the dist/od...). Use the BDI for it's presence and tube emualtion controls (drive/blend).

That's the one advantage to Behringer stuff, the cost makes it cheap to combine multiple effects to get a sound! To use this as an example: The cost up here in the great white north to do that the Tech 21 way (BDDI -> Acoustic DI) would cost approx. $490 :eek: . With Behringer it's only $110 :D

Hell, I've been looking to pick another Boss NS-2 ($110) and was so tempted to try out the Behringer one ($35) just cus it's soooo cheep!

6. Cool...I'll have a go with myPOD as well first though I think...

(I dunno...do you know the Beefheart "safe as milk" album? - the bass has a very different sound to what I've managed to get so far...does anyone know what bass the guy used on it? - I'm sure it wasnt a jazz...)